Hi, i thought i would ask the experts.......my 2.8 mk3 golf was rolling roaded @ 122,000 miles (completly standard) and it was 172bhp

now its got 142,000 miles and i have done.......racing manifold, de-cat, milltek cat back system, AMD enlarged throttle body, BMC CDA induction kit............what sort of bhp gains will i get (if any)? and what sort of gains could i expect if i get it chipped??? (AMD)

what have u guys done 2 ur cars???? and what bhp have u gained??

(without supercharging or turbos!!!!!)

Hope u can help

Thanks boys and girls

I would recommend Stealth too. I've heard iffy things about AMD.

Sounds as though you have a 1995/M or earlier VR? That means you have an OBD1 ecu which responds far better to a remap than the later more advanced OBD2 ECU. If you had a later OBD2 ecu you wouldn't need a remap on your mods as the stock OBD2 ecu can cope with mods like yours. Only once you get cams or more extensive mods would you need a remap on an obd2.

However your obd1 will respond well to a remap. By the way a remap is far better than an off the shelf chip (like AMD or Superchip) as it is a full custom remap suited directly to your car - meaning you get the most power from your mods and is all spot on. Whereas an off the shelf chip can induce running problems. Plus Stealth's full custom remap is ~£300 (this was 6mths ago) same as a chip.

I'd expect to see around 10-15bhp more with a full remap with all your mods, maybe slightly more. (whereas on the later obd2 golf the increase would be minimal). Good luck mate. Plus at Stealth you get a full rolling road session all included with your remap -giving you the power results there and then.