Some Turbo parts came last week. PICS..

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fitted some stuff today. V-band oil catch tank, Fragola AN6 water lines for the GT35R and the new saturday candy package came from USA today

Went to Oslo motorshow a couple of months ago. Just tought you guys should see this......  

Would love see a video of that Club Chairman

The torque spread was wide' date=' but the rate at which the torque increased is just too quick for my liking. I'll let you know what difference the 1.06 makes, This was also with a flat boost request accross all RPM, so it can be changed to be less aggressive.

Interesting Article on wastegates

I think a user name called Cabzilla on Vortex had a thread about GT35R A/R 1.06 instead off A/R 82....on the VRT. The A/R 1.06 is suposed to work very well.

Anyways... SQS sent me mail today. And offcourse the customer should see their product, and offcourse all the parts that they took out, will be shipped back to me with no cost.

02A/SQS/Peloquin:

vwminVR6SQS1.jpg

VWMinVR6SQS2.jpg

VWminVR6SQSpeolquin.jpg

Yep, Gabe (Cabzilla) likes his 1.06 A/R 35R.

I think he's running 20psi boost and it's hitting that at 4000rpm with a savage top end.

I like my boost to hit at 3500rpm as it's a daily driver and I need midrange flexibility, hence the 0.82 AR.

Do SQS do a helical gearset or just straight cut dog engagement? I know Bill schimmel puts 800whp through their straight cut sets and it holds that no problem. The 02A casing shatters at about that level though. 02M is the best solution.

The gearset I bought was Helical. So its not gonna make anymore noise than OEM. The complete Dogshift is straight cut, and costs around 5000,- USD with all included. SQS told me that the helical gearset is pretty much the same as the straight cut.

I didnt know Shimmel used SQS boxes. Strange they didnt tell me that.

One thing I think is abit strange, is that they didnt change any bearings. They said that the gearbox I sent them was fine, so no need to change so much parts. Some stuff did get changed tought..

But im not a gearbox engineer, they are:)

I think Bill Schimmel just buys their gearsets and builds the boxes up himself.

Cool, I didn't know they do helical gears. How much are we look at for that roughly? I would prefer to do that than install the 02M. Did they give any idea of maximum torque handling?

It's likely they didn't change many bearings. It's generally only the input and layshaft bearings that wear. The layshaft bearing sounds like marbles in a biscuit tin when it's gone, but can go on for years making that noise. It's a tiny bearing too, and cheap.....just a pain to change ;-)

3rd gear on the 1st motion shaft' date=' is that cut on the shaft or is it a seperate gear?

[/quote']

I have no clue what so ever.. But the "gear" around the Peloquin looks new.. And its not in the picture I have of the gearset...

SQSSDRkit.jpg

Hey, when are the C2 630cc setup gonna be released for OBD2 MK3?? (^)

• 2 weeks later...

fitted yet?

No I dont have time to do anything to the car at this point.

I work in the Military, and the days are abit busy.

But I have paid rent to have the car in a garage the rest off this month.

So it will go in soon.

Change the GT35 after a while aswell.

Bobtrude, are you a member off the VWAudi-club Norway? Its a very good forum and club. They have over 5000 members that pays 36 pounds a year:)

• 4 weeks later...

New SQS gearbox in yesterday . After I got the Kinetic stage 1 engine/gear mounts fitted I could hear the stock gearbox a

littlebit inside the car.

Now with the SQS fitted I can hear the "rally" sound a little more.

But it feels really nice. You hear it well, when you take your foot off the pedal.. Hope it will keep up with the GT35 that are gonna be fitted in a couple off weeks.

BTW: Anyone know the measurements on the oil return line on the Kinetic kit??

Mine is hard and needs to be replaced. asap.

aprilfools joke right;).

Ha ha just kidding.

Ive also changed my gearbox mount and that made my box more noisy aswell. But I like it actually. U have the front and the gearbox changed to the vf engineering ones.

The thing i notised most was the much more noticable vibration when cranking the engine over.

Yer I like the noise aswell. Anyone notest how it made it feel nicer round corners. With my old nackerd gearbox mount I could feel the weight of the engine shifting. Feels alot more together now..

So whats the new box like? Has acceration improded gearchanges qwicker?

No I havent felt that' date=' my original mount wasnt that bad. But it felt better when accelerating:) Would have liked to have one of those sqs boxes though. . . .

[/quote']

Sooo... What car did I meet today? hehe Just coincidence? Off the few VR6 Turbo cars in Norway, I met you and you live next to me... 8-| 8-| haha..

Nice car!

Bobtrude: I wasnt sure about the boost pressure yesterday' date=' but I found out today. It was 9 psi.

The diffrence up to 15 psi, is amazing. 8o|

And offcourse my oem ECU that C2 Motorsport provided me with is making this car run like a dream from 5 - 20 psi. Doesnt matter 8-) I think that this software make's the hole driving experience alot better. Ive said it before, and I can always say it again.

The car feels exacly like stock. Diffrence is 15-20 psi and it pulls like a Boeing 737 with all that torque.

Ive done 15 psi all day long today. Been driving for about 3 hours, and all I can say, is that 15 PSI pulls so hard that it can be times when Im having problems keeping the steeringwheel straight.

I mean full boost at 3600 rpm, but after 4500 rpm it just pulls like nothing Ive been driving before.

SQS box is very good so far:)

[/quote']