VAG-COM can I buy one

Sounds like a good system and a great price - i'd personally buy one in a second if it works on my 1995 Highline.

If i am correct the 1995 model have the newer ODB2 socket in the dash even though it has a ODB1 system as it was the change over year.

My mechanic has one (not this make) that has different leads for all car makes and he charges £15 just to plug it in lol

So what do you need to upload info into the ECU - Basically the lad i use all the time had one of these and it was connected to his laptop - and he would save what you had already (Just incase something went wrong) and upload the new software into the ECU (Remapping it). Half hour job that people pay £££'s for ;-) - I WANT 1 :-)

my mate got one from honk kong through Ebay for £25 !!! it works a treat and you get the code book and all the bumph with it, works on G60 corado and golfs aswell as the VR6 engined ones, he checked mine the other day and the only fault was low voltage to the airbags....thats coz they are both disconected with the in line resistors ;) but at least its good enough to sense even that minor thing