Can I smell bullsh1te?

Just been cruising around another forum and found a post, your normal boyracer talking out his arse " a friend of a friend has" sort of thing, basically saying that this guy knows of someone that has a VR6, no mods at all except for a turbo and a head gasket and Is claiming that it is making 400bhp at the wheels!!! excuse me....AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!! :S :@ (yn)

Sorry had to get that off my chest, the rage was welling up inside me :)

you cant "just" turbo. If someone says "just turbo and spacer gasket" they normally mean the bottom end is stock. Even piping alone, downpipe, oil lines are all ££ and all necessary and will all be there, but never get mentioned.

What i mean is that by "just turbo and spacer" he means its not a full low compression purpose built turbo engine. Specially as its second hand info mate of a mate.

But you could do it with changing very little yeah. you could run RRFPR and std injectors, it wont run well, I wouldnt recommend it, cos anything over ~9psi not cooled will blow up soon, std or even modified code with RRFPR is poor, but it will run to some level, doubt you'd quite see 400whp out of it mind.

Tom.

Obviously you cant just turbo an engine, but surely if it aint running well its not gonna make 400 bhp anyway? When an EIP st3 kit, with all the components that it includes, is estimated by EIP at 440 bhp at the wheels, after a rebuilt bottom end, I dont see how a poorly running bodge could be putting out only 40 bhp less?

My 2Ps worth:

I agree with IbiVR that the full extent of the mods probably got lost in chinese whispers. 'Just Turbo' meaning all the work required to get the turbo going well but not NOZ, go faster stripes, rocket launcher exhaust, fluffy dice or any other ripspeed accessories racer boys expect to find on a car.

TG