Private Plates

Looking into alternative number plates so that I can widen my search for a cheap VR6 shell....

All R reg cars ive seen so far are still fetching good money because I cant fine one minus an engine... I'm sure I can probably get a better number plate, than mine as it will cost £105 to put it on retention, then presumably I'd have to pay a further £80 to transfer it to another vehicle...

I dnt fancy paying like 4k for a car that im going to be stripping and replacing most of it's guts out anyway if I have to.

[blockquote]A personalised number plate does not have to be put onto a vehicle; it can be kept on a retention certificate. This is renewable every year for a fee of £25 (Current DVLA fee). The current fee to transfer between two cars is £80 and to take off a vehicle and put onto a retention certificate is £105. To assign a personalised number plate it is necessary to take all the relevant documents into your nearest VRO office, they are located in various towns throughout the UK.[/blockquote]

So, help me find a new number plate ;) wouldnt mind something that shouts VR6/VRG ;)

Happy Hunting.

Pete

....although most are available from the DVLA as well' date=' whose price includes VAT and the transfer fee making them cheaper overall.

[/quote']

Are they...? sweet.. will have a butchers myself!

C14 VRG is £399 from the DVLA all in, Regtransfers want £484 with VAT and transfer fee, for the same plate!

My recommendation for Pete would be K666 VRG only £250! Highly noticable and you can use pratically any shell you want. Or grow your hair back and get 'Dio VR6'.

I happen to think private plates are a fairly good investment. They’ll always be worth the money that you’ve paid for it.

I have one :-) D5LL P that cost me £499 to years ago – My name is Paul Dellanna and every calls me DELL so can you c it yet lol

My guess is K666 VRG

Just found my ideal plate J60 THK. Can I justify £250?

how about G8TTH (goth) ;) 500quid lol

Mmmm I like your thinking. G8 THD would be even better now I've got my black rims on! Shame all the Gs are £500. Doesn't make the car go faster or further so it's not really on my shopping list. But would hide the age of the old girl ;-)

G8 THK is on a black ( no surprise ) PT Cruiser.

Rx VWC ( where x >=1 and x <=999 ) are mostly still for sale. R1 VWC is the only one costing any more than £250 so I doubt you'll get anything for it. Pay £80 and get it transfered to the Punto for 'safe keeping'.

TG

P.s. You've just lost a month of road tax rebate!

Rx VWC ( where x >=1 and x

TG

P.s. You've just lost a month of road tax rebate!

prefer the 07 plate on the punto ;) doubt I'd ever use R4 VWC again, especially If I have something like "P33T VW"

flaps again! best get it sorted this w/e.. lost enough money last month ! and I thought that £20 i lost last year was bad...

pete

• 1 month later...

i've a thought in the back of my head that i might sell mine on as may be breaking up the car, its in the garage just now after being off the road for a year so will see how bad it really is before deciding what to do with it.

The reg is A 12 VVG (A 12v V6)

• 9 years later...