Nurburgring Insurance

HIC offer track day cover, which includes the ring AFAIK.

swings and roundabouts when it comes to insurence and the ring..

simple thing to do is not crash.

Its expnesive if you do crash though ;) speaking from personal experience... cost me 1.5k in damages to the track alone, but thankfully my breakdown bought the car back FOC.

Pete

Hi vr6pete was i you i've just read about in the easter trip? I'm hoping not to crash (thousands of laps on gt4 and gtr2) BUT you can never tell with the green hel.....

yep, that was me :(

Everything you have seen/learnt on gt4 and gtr2, totally disregard it and forgot you ever played it... its NOTHING like in any game thats for sure.

I was hoping not to crash, but hit something that caused traction loss, and that was that... my VR stuffed into the armco at some crazy speed.

I did one lap, it was sunny, then about a minute further it was foggy.

yep planning for next year, gettin the car and sorting it out mechanicaly this year. As for vieo games i would never treat my beloved VR like i do in either game gt4 was good to learn where the corners are gtr2 gives a bit more info like track surface road bumps etc but still wont be racing it

Pete, which breakdown company are you with? Did they recover your car back to the UK without any issues?

I read the ring report and it sounds like you had to pay a charge to get the car recovered from the Ring - but sounds like your breakdown company brought it back to the UK without you having to make any additional payments - is that right?

Currently I don't have any breakdown cover - so makes sense for me to get some with a company that doesn't exclude recovery from the Nurburgring area (as I've heard some do).

By the way - found some footage of the F1 at Nurburgring (my first attempt at posting a link, hope it works ok):

http://www.ninebean.com/friends/videos/view_video.php?viewkey%3d666788607efbfca35afb%26amp;page%3d%26amp;viewtype%3d%26amp;category'

Moderator edit by: TheGoth