So when looking around for a VR6 on Autotrader and the like, its quite rare to find a Mk3 VR6 with less than 100,000 on the clock, even rarer to find a Corrardo VR6. I know - I've been looking for 6 months now!! Obviously time is against us here cos they stopped making 'em a good few years ago. So question - what is the higest mileage VR6 people know of that still moves forwards under its own steam and uses it original engine? Is the reputation of VW for bullet proof engineering and juice burners which will got for 150k, 200k real?

That advert doesn't mention anything about service history...could be ominous (may have forgotten to mention it even though it is the most important thing to put in advert!). Try to look for one with a full service history (and avoid the excuse that some owners give saying they have serviced it themselves.. unless you can trust them walk away,,, otherwise you will be paying a lot of bills to fix it in the long run), especially now they are at least 10 yrs old. As mentioned above as long as they are well looked after with a full regular service history (every 10k miles or 12 mths, which ever is sooner) it will run and run.

I found my VR 18 months ago with 69k on the clock with full service history, excellent condition. Should be plenty around with under 100k on the clock. Just need to look around and widen the distance you are willing to travel. I travelled an hour to get mine but would have gone further if I'd had to.

Good luck mate.

Well I managed to find a P reg Green VR6 with 51k on the clock, bucket loads of receipts and full VW service history, apart from last year, but there is a receipt for this service, just no stamp in the book! I'm very nervous about saying where I got it from just in case it has already been discussed on this forum and it has been left alone for a reason!!!! So hopefully I've got myself a good motor which will last. and I travelled 5 minutes from work to get it!!!