SUPERCHARGER M.P.G??

hi huys and gals, surprise , surprise, im into my 9th month of v.r ownership, and im clucking for more power, i know the engine can handle it, and methinks it will be worth the money just to piss off all the jap and m power boys and girls!!

thing is my v.r is a daily driver, i do approx 1000 to 1300 miles a month, at the moment the cars had mild mods, gives me about 20 to the gallon, thats a mixture of some running around local side streets, and going around the north circular rd to work and back 40 odd miles.

thing is i dont really want the fuel consumption to go much above this, as then its just starting to get silly, and ive got a mate who wants to sell me his audi A6 2.7 bi-turbo, now thats a seriously quick car out the box, quattro drivetrain, two lovely turbines, 250 brake standard, and he says that doesnt often go below about 20 m.p.g.

so anyone give me a realistic idea of the m.p.g on a stage 2 s/c?

im running 12 psi 320 bhp 275 lb ft and if anything my mpg went UP slightly it works out at 28 mpg over the last 1100 miles (300 of that was holiday where i averaged 37 mpg!) it avareges between 25-28 round town overall im really impressed with it i beleive the reason is its so light on the throttle you still end up using about the same amount of fuel to create the same amount of power its only if you boot it that the mpg jumps off a cliff but then you already know that lol ;) my advice GET IT DONE you wont regret it

If your worried about MPG then you really are driving the wrong car LOL

the VR is all about smiles per gallon mate' date=' there's no question that your VR WILL use more fuel, but thats what give and take is all about ;)

[/quote']

agreed, i really think your doin a fair few miles...you must spend 200 a month petrol? i complain about my 70 a month...i only do 5k a year

hahah I got a quote to have mine done and im impressed how cheap it will be I use my car every day covering 62 miles a day too and from work, not really bothered about teh fuel personally I love the car and noise, average around 27mpg all the way to work while giving it some on the back B roads.

Nathan

yeah, i do about £200:00 to £250:00 a month, thats fine, i would have purchased a g.t.i if i wantd more feul economy. but also the figures you guys are giving me, sre these what the computer is reading? because when i say 20 m.p.g. thats putting in £40:00 of v-power, it gives me approx 160 miles, that is fine, but i dont want it to go much below that.

i think you should be gettin more miles than out of 40quid! i put 40-45quid in and get 230miles and iv been told taht is bad!!, and tahts ALL short trip town driving.surely if you want loads of power and dedent fuel econamoy a turbo deisl would make more sense? claire on here is running 200bhp in here mk4 gt tdi and its rapid, 55mpg also & 300 torque

I put in about £45 a week and that gets me between 250 - 270 miles but that is mostly motorway driving.

The problem with anything that increases power is that it in itself wont change MPG by much if anything but the fact you have more power under your right foot you are going to use it! I say go for it if you can afford it.

i dont think its mpg you should be woried about, its more practibily and reliability, as iv heard soem stories of superchargers putting wear on engne parts and everything starting to go wrong as more strain on teh engine