Pete's Nurburgring Crash Video

OK, so I wasn't out and running before Pete stopped. But he did stop very, very quickly and I had to rely on conventional brakes! Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up seeing how close I was to T-boning the club chairman as he was sideways across the track.

It also explains why I never saw the scooby go past, I was too busy looking for my flag.

I've now got JPs footage of him arriving at the scene as well, but it will be some time before I can do anything with it.

Nige' date=' It did look like you were almost pushing Pete round the corner......not that you were so don't take it like i'm saying something i'm not

[/quote']

It doesn't need saying. I feel as much blame as anyone.

I knew at the time that Pete was pushing hard not to be outdone by a 16Ver. (And with hindsight, obviously too hard.) But, to my eternal damnation, I was enjoying holding my own against Pete's schricked up 2.9 lump.

You should see the quality of the DVD... I'm going to do a copy for Nige as opposed to the one from sendspace.. it was like i was there ... got some footage of our lot from the scooby on that lap too which might be worth sticking in the DVD too ;)

yep' date=' its put me off going again

[/quote']

It's like riding a horse Pete, if you fall off you have to jump straight back on again.

You should see the quality of the DVD... I'm going to do a copy for Nige as opposed to the one from sendspace.. it was like i was there ... got some footage of our lot from the scooby on that lap too which might be worth sticking in the DVD too ;)

More footage from the scooby would be cool. I already have Earwigs and JPs footage of it overtaking them, it'll be good to edit it altogether into the tale of one eventful lap.

Did the car that take the footage stop? Looks like he went rite on by. I thought u were meant to stop if a crash had happened?? I had to watch it twice cos all I saw was a plume of dust :) Im glad ur alrite tho.

Nigel stopped to warn on-coming traffic, we were both ahead of the traffic :)

Pete. That looked like a nasty crash. What happened? Lift-off oversteer, or did you run wide on the exit and then get into a spin? Do you think that luggage in the boot really unsettled the car through that corner? Sorry to make you re-live the moment [again] but I'm interested to know the details so I can avoid a similar fate the next time I go over to the Nurburgring. I've just got back from a trip over there and once I'd got into the swing of things I was lifting just before the corner for the turn in, then powering through. Your car had more power, different gearing and better suspension compared to my standard car, so interested to know if you were flat out all the way from the exit of the Karussell right through to where you had the accident?

I've never bothered changing from standard tyre pressures for trackdays or Nurburging trips in the past - but this year I dropped by about 4psi (for the wet) but it still felt good when a dry line appeared, so stuck with them in the dry too! (and then it rained again!)

Whats the latest on your replacement car - are you still looking for a good shell to swap your trick bits into?

Pete. That looked like a nasty crash. What happened? Lift-off oversteer' date=' or did you run wide on the exit and then get into a spin? Do you think that luggage in the boot really unsettled the car through that corner? Sorry to make you re-live the moment [again'] but I'm interested to know the details so I can avoid a similar fate the next time I go over to the Nurburgring. I've just got back from a trip over there and once I'd got into the swing of things I was lifting just before the corner for the turn in, then powering through. Your car had more power, different gearing and better suspension compared to my standard car, so interested to know if you were flat out all the way from the exit of the Karussell right through to where you had the accident?

I've never bothered changing from standard tyre pressures for trackdays or Nurburging trips in the past - but this year I dropped by about 4psi (for the wet) but it still felt good when a dry line appeared, so stuck with them in the dry too! (and then it rained again!)

Whats the latest on your replacement car - are you still looking for a good shell to swap your trick bits into?

Hi mate,

The back end went really quick in the corner, I did have alot of luggage in the boot (camping equiptment for 2 people minus my tent) perhaps didnt help with the camber of the corner either!

I thought I had that corner sussed, as I was flying around there the day before! We were flat out off the Karussell, if you look at the video, you just see me and nigel bobbing into the Karussell, as the scooby is following us at the start..

I did drop the PSI a wee bit. but the tyres were more than warmed up at that point as you can tell on my actual lap video i crashed on as at the end of my previous my pressures were at least +5 according to my digital guage.

Just one of those things I suppose mate, probably a conbination of;

1) rear weight in the car

2) driving hard

3) camber of the road going into that corner

going wales this weekend look at a new one, so watch this space, thankfull my engine survived and suprisingly - still runs and sounded sweet for the brief period it was running for as I was minus a coolant system!

Think nige said we were doing about 70 - 80 when it went.

I'll be back, bigger + better :D

Pete

Gotta say good on you for having the attitude you have :)

i second that, i know for a fact i wouldnt be able to keep my chin up as much as pete has..fair play to him, and im sure he will be back in game before long

Gotta say good on you for having the attitude you have :)

i second that' date=' i know for a fact i wouldnt be able to keep my chin up as much as pete has..fair play to him, and im sure he will be back in game before long

[/quote']

i third that theyd probably have found me swingin from a nearby tree if idv done that!!