my cars getting a full windows out respray its a black highline iv fallen in love good and proper with mulberry/highline purple

itl cost more to swap the colour due to engine bay etc what do you guys reckon?

what would you do?

08042007065.jpg

nearsidehighgood.jpg

blackvrttwheels.jpg

purplehighlinettwheels.jpg

purplehighine2.jpg

purplehighline1.jpg

Moderator edit by: PeterVR6

Moderator edit by: PeterVR6

Hiya mate i love my mulberry highline it is a great colour i think but the thing you would have with going from black is you would have the black trim if you decided to go to mulberry there would be so much work involved to get everything paint to another colour

By the way my car the 4th one down is in the body shop on monday for abit of paint too and afew alterations

your car looks a slightly diff shade its EXACTLY the colour i want mine is it stock paint?

ps id keep the black interior i like it and think itd look great with purple paint

im gonna find out how much extra itd be to swap

Changing the colour of a car is a nightmare to do a proper job! bonnet, boot, doors all have to come off, inside filler flap has to match, engine has to come out etc. Its a massivly expensive job compared to a same colour respray, because of the labour for stripping, sanding and masking. For the same price as a proper colour change you could probably get a same colour respray and supercharge it!

As far as im aware it is the stock paint as it was when i the car was new it is a great colour when sunny though i like to keep it looking that shiney all the time but is very hard at times to keep that clean and now i use the car less too

• 2 weeks later...

Or to throw a spanner in the works what about mystic blue - looks deep dark blue normally but shines with a distinct purple tint in the sunlight. A lot of people who've seen my car think it's purple then see it another day when it's cloudy and get confused as it's changed colour!

The mulberry purple above is nice and you could probably get it looking more "shiny" than the black as it is quite a deep colour, but black is equally good in my eyes. Bit of a hassle getting your logbook all changed too if you completely change the colour of your car.