Club Chairman - Standing Down

After 3 years, 8 months and 3 weeks of being actively involved with the club and it's website I have taken the decision to stand down as Club Chairman.

I've really enjoyed my time pushing the club forward, meeting new people. However since loosing the VR6 things have not been the same. What’s left of my car will remain in storage until I have paid off all my debts associated with it. I will then make the decision weather or not I will sell all my parts on (so dont PM me asking me for bits, as I will make all parts available on eBay, if i choose to do so at the very least, to give everyone a fair chance at getting hold of my trick bits).

As of now, I'll be taking a break from everything, I've devoted nearly 4 years of my life to this club, and believe it or not, I do actually have other interests in life. I will assume the role of "Webmaster" and will continue to develop the website and maintenance of the server and the services we offer.

I'm confident that the team that we've built up over the years will continue to drive the club forward and reach new levels over the coming years.

I personally thank you all for the support you've shown towards the club, it's been very satisfying and rewarding on a personal level knowing that my time and efforts have not gone to waste.

Without you, the club would not be where we are today.

Warm Regards,

Pete

I am just glad you are not leaving us altogether m8.

I am also hopeful that you will still find the time to visit the odd show now and again :)

Hopefully we can continue the site and head in a similar direction to you.

In any case I know you will be back fully at some point :) You won't be able to resist !

Mark.

didnt see it coming but you have to look out for number 1 in this life what ever the reason.

good luck mate with what ever you chose to do you no you will be missed from every body for all the hard work and time you have put into make the VR6OC what it is today.

without ya non of us would be here today cheers.

Wow all the best pete

good luck mate with what ever you chose to do you no you will be missed from every body for all the hard work and time you have put into make the VR6OC what it is today.

Just as petervr6 said

Ah mate, sad times :(

Well there aint too much i can say that hasn't already been said. But thanks for everything you have done with this club / site. You have brought alot of people together and hopefully we will see you back again in the not too distant future. All the best dude :)

Pete i for one decline your offer to resign and insist you remain as club chairman:)

Its hard sometimes to do all the things you want too and time is the most pressing factor, i am sure once you sort all the stuff out your energy and enthusiasm for the VR6 and dubs in general will return, i am sure everyone has wavered in the past, i know my enthusiasm has several times but your a Dubber and its always there even if your not tinkering or at a show, its in your blood now mate never to leave :) , i personally have been so busy lately my VR6 has hardly turned a wheel since its mot a month ago!! and i havent been on the site much at all, the trusty mk1 cabriolet has been my "vw fix" without the noise, speed or fuel bills of a VR!!!!!

Good luck with your plans mate and i am sure you will be back at the front of things somewhere down the line

all the best mate, Nick

Good luck Pete and thanks for starting www . VR6 GOLF . co . uk all that time ago. My VR still has that sticker in :-) I can hear that pile of bits in the garage calling and asking to be put in to a Mk2. You know it makes sense! All the best. Steve