Hi

I've got a jetex full through exhaust system. Sounds quite at low revs just like the standard exhaust put your foot down all hell brakes up. The Jetex exhaust is a very good fit for the MK3 VR6. Was told that the miltex exhaust is a little tricky to fit on MK3 Golfs.

Milltek fitted perfectly on mine and is the same diameter as the stock exhaust so straight fit but a lot more freer flowing to make it breathe a bit more. Perfect sound - very similar to a Jetex in the fact you get a subtle low deep noise on idle and when you drive at a constant speed, but when you drive and put your foot down it's like an aston martin howl - not chav like at all. Stealth really rated it when they fitted it and commented on how well it fitted. It looks good from the back too - twin exit.

I haven't had the opporunity to compare sounds with a Milltek or Jetex but I'm happy with my Magnex cat-back system. At first I was a little disappointed becasue it wasn't as loud as I'd expected [i was expecting similar volume to a 'boy racer'' Impreza which has been measured at a peak of 117db!! :o ], but over time its either got slightly louder, or I've just got used to it! :)

Note: if its more noise that you're after [and assuming you haven't already got an induction kit] try removing the standard air intake trumpet first (which feeds the standard air-box), because when I was looking to buy my VR6 I test drove one that sounded amazing compared to others I tried and the only difference was that it had an induction kit - it still had a standard exhaust. So the fabulous noise I was experiencing was a result of the induction kit - not exhaust!

Removing the air-trumpet costs nothing too, magic!

thanks for all the feed back its going to be most helpful in making a choice on an exhaust system.

at the moment ive got a magnex system and it looks like its been fiited by a monkey with a spaner cuz all the joins blow and they even managed to crack a pipe, it was on when i brought the car tho.

im not just after sound i want the performance to go with it, i havent got an induction kit yet.

also does anyone know any good places to have an exhaust fitted in the cannock/walsall area?

thanks saichy

i removed the trumpet from my car after about 1 day of owning it, only thing i can assume is that mr.vw wanted to keep noise levels down, bear in mind 10 odd years ago a vr6 highline was being marketed ae the top of the range mk3 "luxohatch" so they probably didnt want it too noisy. crazy as it seems to us lot now.