GTi Fest - Times down the strip....

Being my frist ever time taking a car down the strip... managed to get a best time of 15.83 for 1/4 mile...

Got a nice show of it...

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1183919816_4477_FT0_vr6-shot2.jpg]1183919816_4477_FT0_vr6-shot2_.jpg[/lightbox]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first time as well and I did a 15.86 quarter. I just couldn't get the start right till Kerry(blondie) put me right, also i wasn't taking the revs right round, was getting to about 5k and changing so running 16.2ish until Kerry again put me right.

But don't tell her I said that

15 ded had no grip at all

add that to the headwind .

my theory behind the lack of grip is the fact that they arnt putting half as much glue down as they used to . they put one lot down for the jet car and you could see the difference in times!

I could get of the lights really well.. getting reaction times between 0.25 and 0.40,.... but was loosing time/speed through the gears...

I tried to vary the gear changes.. and found just after 6000rpm seemed to suit my car..

I'll try and remove the headlights like you guys next time!

my theory behind the lack of grip is the fact that they arnt putting half as much glue down as they used to . they put one lot down for the jet car and you could see the difference in times!

why glue the track for a jet car?

track temp makes a huge diffrence i got my best time when it was red hot even though i was getting baaaaad heatsoak (charger no intercooler)

why glue the track for a jet car?

track temp makes a huge diffrence i got my best time when it was red hot even though i was getting baaaaad heatsoak (charger no intercooler)

it was nice to meet some of you guys yesterday :)

I was the guy in the fire up road scribbling on your cars

As for glueing the track of the jet car

So it doesnt take off :lol:

Seriously the jet car still needs a sticky surface to hold it in a straight line and the down force can cause it to slide all over the place

santa is bang on for times but if the track has not been preped and your not running slicks its dame hard to get traction. inters is great for top end hense why they call it the proving ground you will get a higher top speed , if your run street tyre you will find north weald great there time is dame good and it is a rough floor so traction is good hope that is some help

AS FOR YOUR REATION QUICK LETS LEAVE IT AT THAT A , I HAVE ONLY BEEN BEATING OF THE LIGHTS A FEW TIMES SO I OWE YOU A REMATCH (WITHOUT NOS, DON'T WANT YOU CALLING ME A CHEAT NOW DO I MWAXXXX)

SLICKS DAME WORTH IT OTHER THAN THAT TOYO P888 ARE THE NEXT BEAST THING BUT THEY DON'T DO CORNERS AT ALL