anyone running a rotrex charger here

Ive heard good things about em but its still early days to say, i looked at both types when i was considering charging my VR and i was gonna go with the Rotrex. Give Andy at Storm a ring about the rotrex system, top bloke who has got a lot of time for his customers! Rotrex chargers can run sick amounts of boost much more than vortechs can and the supply and fit prices at Storm are very good too, Andy's mk2 VR6 was pushing a mind blowing 500 bhp, he did blow the crank but the charger was still good lol! Personally i would give rotrex a go just to be different if anything! Hope this helps.

I'd prefer sticking to the tried and tested applications, when your talking chargers and the price it comes to alltogether...

I've not seen anyone outside of storm developments with a rotex charger yet, and that raises questions in my eye's...

But thats just my opinion ;)

Ive seen a corrado over on the corrado forums running a rotrex charger but I believe he decided to remove it and sell it on as it was producing too much boost, causing stuff to break that needed replacing due to it not being strong enough.

the system has only been available in the UK for a short time i thought and people will always tend to stick to what they know.

The Koenigsegg 806bhp V8 engine runs a rotrex charger. You would of thought a car that costs that much money would have had a lot of money invested into researching the very best superchargers in the world.

Thanks for your replies on this, it sounds like if your running uprated internals and lower compression then the rotrex maybe the one to go for, if i was to buy a charger i'd probley go for the vortech then with it being tried and tested like pete says.

• 2 months later...

Was searching for Rotex superchargers as I am planning on getting mine done and came across this old post. Surely, a rotex running 8-10PSi is gonna cause just as much strain on the engine as any of the other tried and test superchargers running 8-10 PSi. So why do people say that "if your running uprated internals and lower compression then the rotrex maybe the one to go for". Surely this will be needed on any FI system running that amount of boost ?

Ive heard good things about em but its still early days to say' date=' i looked at both types when i was considering charging my VR and i was gonna go with the Rotrex. Give Andy at Storm a ring about the rotrex system, top bloke who has got a lot of time for his customers! Rotrex chargers can run sick amounts of boost much more than vortechs can and the supply and fit prices at Storm are very good too, Andy's mk2 VR6 was pushing a mind blowing 500 bhp, he did blow the crank but the charger was still good lol! Personally i would give rotrex a go just to be different if anything! Hope this helps.

[/quote']

It was andy's Mk2 with th R32 engine that 489? http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?147384 not VR6 engine that got 370

im gunning for 400 bhp+ as i want at least the same bhp per ton as the mk3 (278) and itd need 403 bhp to acheive it so thats the target

i expect to use a spacer gasket to lower the compression a bit and bigger injectors to stop it melting the pistons i do want an intercooler of some description apart from that im not sure what id need