Ouch! White van driver likes my rear bumper..............

The knock happened in the rush hour..........

Got his insurance details.

The insurance company told me the garage to take it to,

the garage guy looked at it, took notes & photo's.

Now the garage has rang me and asked me to take it back again for the insurance assesser to look at it?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Its been 3 weeks since the knock and still no joy with the insurance company. :@

The garage have told us to pick it up as its not insured for the extra mods its had done?

Er sorry love, but on my fking policy it states 'modification car' at the top,

thats why we went for you in the first place.

Yes we Included every thing that has been done to it, even checked the written statement given!

SWG body kit, wheels, etc etc etc. We have it in on the policy FFS.

Still no come back from the Insurance company and now the bumper is being held on with duct tape.

I'm NOT Fking impressed.

The garage itself has no authority to say it's not insured (the cheeky gits). That's for your ins. co to say. Similar thing happened to me when my car was parked up - luckily the guy was a neighbour and left his number. Basically he admitted full fault - my ins. co (elephant) tried to get me to use one of their own approved garages- but the garage gave a rediculously high quote to get it all fixed to the extent my car would be economical to repair. I then demanded I get a quote from a garage of my choice which I did and got all the work done. You have the right to use a garage of your own choice (which I didn't at first realise). Wasted about four weeks waiting for their approved garage to carry out a quote. Once my garage took over (when my ins. approved their quote) the car was ready in about 4 days.

One thing as well: because the third party has admitted full liability and fault and the third party's insurace co is paying for it all, you are not "making a claim" so will not affect your no claims bonus. Downside is though you do have to declare you have had an accident which was caused by a third party (so this will not affect your premium), plus you should NOT have to pay your excess because the third party has admitted liability and is covering all costs. My ins. co tried to get me to pay it and I was furious - just stick to your guns and they will waive it for you as they did in my case.. cheeks sods trying to get me to pay for it in the first place!

It's a real hassle. Know how you feel. Hope you get it sorted mate.

Thanks Matt

The guy who hit my VR has admitted it and we have been told to pay £200 access but we will get it back

after its been fixed?

To be honest I do not like this Garage in Edmonton just off the north circular its miles out

to get to. We have travelled there twice now and missed half days work each time.

I'm fking mad now (blood pressure has risen).

Going to ring Adrian Flux today and tell them so. (u)

I feel for you buddy and something worries me a little. Luckily (touch wood and all that) I have been with Adrian Flux now for years now (well over 6) without a claim - HOWEVER....

My brother was insured with Adrian Flux, who as you may know are only an intermediary and his policy was with Highway. He was living up here in Leeds last year working for me on a work placement and he had some deeker pull out in front of him on a wet road and as a result he hit their quarter panel, the dillon tried saying it was his fault and my brother had no end of hassle with Adrian Flux passing him too and frow with Highway and saying any claim issues need to be delt with Highway directly. A complete mess and they tried screwing him over and he was only 19.

Anyway as the situation got worse and Highway were tying him in knots, some cock stole his car and joy rode it into a feckin wall nearly killing someone, thus the car was a write off and the car was impounded.

3 weeks went by until the Police informed him the car was in a lock up, so my brother decided not to pursue the crash claim as it was only a headlight and wing (third party admitted liability in the end) and claim for the car being stolen and written off, well Jesus what an issue, the Recovery company told Andy that he was liable for the car being impounded at £120 storage fee a day for 3 weeks and Highway refused to pay it saying Andy hadn't contacted the compound and he was liable, so in the end I had to deal with it, and it turns out they were completely trying to take advantage of him, he hadn't a clue about all that stuff and in the end I managed to make them pay out for the lot after a great deal of hassle.

I'm saying be wary of Adrian Flux as I've heard nasty stories of claims going bad and I'm concerned being with them myself but i'm insured for all my mods up to 300bhp and happy to be fully covered - until things go wrong and I have to make that call!!!

• 1 month later...

Update: REALY PISSED OFF

My VR Boy went in on Friday for repairs which I'm pleased about. (h)

But Now I have a silver Toyota Yaris in its replacement FFS

:$ :$ :$ :$ :$

Had to go and do my weekly shopping a Sainsburys in it :$

Update: REALY PISSED OFF

My VR Boy went in on Friday for repairs which I'm pleased about. (h)

But Now I have a silver Toyota Yaris in its replacement FFS

Had to go and do my weekly shopping a Sainsburys in it :$

and try a get a women in the boot

the only way to do that is to chop her up :S

Ben I took up your great Idea last night and

I found Bridget the Midget (h)

Found her in a pub in an inbred town in Suffolk ;)

Here is a pic of her in the bar before packing her in to the Yaris she fitted in well :)

LMFAO :-p mate you are so wrong !!!!

Plus the inbred midgets round here defo don't look that good ;)

more like this

1188898489_5463_FT183778_hard_core_heavy_metal_midget-758895.jpg

Ben I took up your great Idea last night and

I found Bridget the Midget (h)

bridget.jpg

Found her in a pub in an inbred town in Suffolk ;)

Here is a pic of her in the bar before packing her in to the Yaris she fitted in well :)

LMFAO :-p mate you are so wrong !!!!

Plus the inbred midgets round here defo don't look that good ;)

more like this

1188898489_5463_FT183778_hard_core_heavy_metal_midget-758895.jpg

Sorry Ben I spelt it wrong I picked her up in KENT

:-p

Oi Lee theres no inbred midgets in Kent........only thourough bred ones ;)

shame your car got hit but i bet youe get "wood" every time you looked at the Duct tape on it ;)

New you would take the bait ;)

The VR is still in the garage, week tomorrow :-|