Right...well i had my timing chains done..and the car came back with a missfire (been told new leeds are knackered and new ones are coming today) water pipe broken (new one ordered from vag for me) But the big thing is ...theres a dohnut shaped thing that comes from the rocker cover breather on the 2.8 obd2 engine with a pipe going into the airbox inlet pipe....the dohnut shaped thing is now broken :-(

ETKA doesnt show a part number for this item and vw themselves claim its obsolete...can anyone help please as i need my car next week as the wifes is off the road.

pic of part thats broken (circled)

etka1dh8.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-18

etka2af7.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-18

Mod Edit to resize pic

Moderator edit by: TheGoth

Its ok mate i realised it was 20 times too big so went and found another pic to post lol. Ahh spot on mate. How stupid of vw to make it obsolete. I take it this is for the obd2 engine as the guy whos doing the timing chains says the obd1 doesnt have a vacum pipe coming off it??? i have no idea what he means as the pic doesnt show any of that.

If it wasn't working properly when you got it back from the garage get the garage to fix them for you... for free too, as you didn't have any of these problems before handing your car over to them. It's the law! Which garage was it, so you can help us in case we use them too?