I m still having running problems with the Vr6…. It seems that the engine thinks it’s a cold start every time it starts. So far I have replaced the fuel pump for a stock VR6 one, wired the pump into the ECU and fuel pump relay circuit. I have put on a new FPR. Cleaned the O2 sensor and double checked the wiring of that sensor.

When the engine is cold i.e. left over night it will start great it then idles at around 1000rpm and rev smoothly for about 3 -4 minuets after this time the engine revs drop to around 600 – 500 rpm idle sound smooth and it still revs smooth… as soon as the engine has some warmth built up inside. It floods when it starts; I can get round this by not starting the fuel pump until the engine has fired…

Once the warm engine is running, when you depress the throttle the engine either near stalls before revving or does stall.

Revving the car in this first few minuets has it pumping out black smoke, it back fires and splutters.

Leave the engine revving or idling for again about 3-4 minuets and after this it goes back to running smoothly and revving smoothly no back fires, no smoke, no spluttering. The hotter the engine the harder it is to start and keep running but if you can keep it running for long enough it stabilizes again.

For those of you who have had a manual choke car its like when you leave the choke on when the car is hot

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Joel