mpg on vr6 golf

fuel economy?????? forget it dude...just drive the rims off it and fill it up when it tells ya...if you want "economy" get a smart car :) really though it is how ya drive it...i can get somewhere between 15 and 38 mpg depending how heavy my shoe on the right foot is, if you go over 80mph for gret distances then you will get about 300 miles to £40 worht of fuel, getting rid of the fuel is a blast though :)

i have even taken up vw`s new adverts advice...been out "just driving at night" a few times lately...chills me out

Dunno for sure but as long as I get 250 miles to the tank i'm happy. Only thing I use on MFA is oil temp' date=' oh and the time

[/quote']

same here, always got my eye on the oil temps, all the rest I havnt ever bothered with

just cruising at 80-85 i get 30 mpg and 15-20 if im giving it beans, usually see between 18 and 25 about town, forget miles per gallon and think SMILES per mile mate, u wont get as upset, lol, trust me there are a whole lot of grins that can be had from wearing a lead right shoe off a roundabout. go find a peice of road you like driving on and have fun you'll soon see why people love the vr6 so much

Hello i'm new to the watercooled scene from the aircooled' date=' yes i've come to my senses at last! :-p

Anybody tell me what I can expect mpg wise roughly out of a standard golf vr6 2.8.

Thank you in advance

Scampi

[/quote']

If your car is running normally you should see 30-32mpg with average driving. You can get 35mpg+ on normal motorway driving or 30mpg round town (when the engine is warmed up).