New to the site and to VR6's, Went and had a look at it last weekend and bought it (thanks to those who contributed to the buying guides, very handy). A nice high spec vr6 with an unbelievably comprehensive and documented history. Going to have some fun with this!

Thx for the comments. Yeah shame about the Votex chin spoiler being missing, It's got the booklet from Votex with it, incl fitting instructions. What would be the chances of finding another finished in Windsor? :-p

Was originally looking for a late model vr, but this came up and tbh was in much better cond than most of the late models I looked at and a fair bit less money too. Only real prob I found was the aircon needs re-gassing, but you cant have everything!

Going to give it the porta cable treatment tomorrow, paintwork is a little dull. We'll see how it comes up.

"seadeamon" on heres got a windsor blue VR with the votex kit on ;) seriously though if you look around at the shows and on the "tinternet" you may find one...it will only cost about £40 to paint a spoiler up, if all thats wrong with it is aircon regas you had a result :) as for the paint.. get yourself a Meguiars clay bar and some Meguiars polishes, spend a day cleaning and polishing with that stuff will transform it even if its got a few marks on it, did mine today ready for tommorow at billing and it came out nice :)

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1186264524_2067_FT187593_img_0545.jpg]1186264524_2067_FT187593_img_0545_.jpg[/lightbox]

Had a bit of a spruce up today. Before starting looked like this..

Picture017.jpg

Then paint cleaner, clayed, nxt'd and finished off with a drop of carnuba.

Picture024.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Came up pretty well imo, with the help of a good friend, and smoooth as you like :)

I agree, it does need lowering a little, but i'm going to live with it a little first and see how it will evolve over time. The roads around my way are shocking and the track I have to drive down every day even ground the missus ford ka if you dont take it right :-(

• 3 months later...

Bit of an update after living with it for 4 months. Now my daily driver, had to be done!! Sorted a few niggles out and she turned out to be a real cracker of a car. Just need to sort out the heated seats now, relays are firing up so I thinking it's the elements??

It's proved to be a totally rust free car which surprised me but also pleased me, I cant find any anywhere and believe me i've looked!

Managed to track down a front splitter for the votex high sport body kit from VW, painted up and fitted it looks great imo. Also it was a pre delivery request by the original purchaser, so one step towards showroom spec. The quad lamps stay tho, I like em.

P1010021.jpg

It's still not lowered and isn't going to be. Which brings me on to me next question. I really dont like the wheels much and would like to put on the standard fitted ones. Can anyone tell me which type were fitted from new? A pic would be helpful too.

:)

you could also offer up a swap someone might be interested...

I assume BBS RA were fitted as standard and they are always popping up on here ;)

this is a link to a watercooled VW site but it has some nice pics of the the standard wheel options that were fitted

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/wheels/pics/bbsra.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/wheels/wheels.htm&h=105&w=105&sz=8&hl=en&start=7&tbnid=iKI4Herxwn2ZMM:&tbnh=84&tbnw=84&prev=/images%3Fq%3DBBS%2BRA%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den

They may have been I think RZs' though they may be RJ one of the guys will correct me though. I think RA looks best anyway :D

The wheels on there are pretty badly kerbed and the front tyres are going to need replacing soon, good a time as any for looking at others. TBH I would only buy new rims unless they are mint. Had some RA's on one of my MK1's and like them, so i'll have a look for the mk3 equivalent ones.

Cheers.