what is your vr like when it redlines??? in all my other cars when i hit the redline, the limiter would cut in and out n kinda shake....but in my vr it just stops me goin any further but is smooth. in 3rd ill be doin 100 ish just like everyone else...

whats yours like??

i thimk a lot of you kids are missing the point here, yes my engine has a stage 1 ported and polished head, flowed inlet, flowed throttle body, and i dont make a point of hitting the redline every time i jump in the car, but its fun to see what the car will do compared to my mates 16v mark 3. for example, as for abuse, if you look after your car and maintain it, it shouldnt make any difference, the cut-out is there to stop any serious damage.

i thimk a lot of you kids are missing the point here' date=' yes my engine has a stage 1 ported and polished head, flowed inlet, flowed throttle body, and i dont make a point of hitting the redline every time i jump in the car, but its fun to see what the car will do compared to my mates 16v mark 3. for example, as for abuse, if you look after your car and maintain it, it shouldnt make any difference, the cut-out is there to stop any serious damage.

[/quote']

Thats the whole point though! you should change gear at peak power which on a standard/slightly moded car like yours will be well before the redline !