Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested but money is an issue (and I dont know any of you lol!)

It doesn't cost much to drive over. Camping is about £15 a night, I think. Ferry is about £60 if you book in advance, and it's about £15 per lap. You'll need to fill your tanks a few times, though!

Cheers,

Andy

I'm interested but money is an issue (and I dont know any of you lol!)

You don't need to know anyone !

That is how you get to know people :-)

We are all friendly ! It does not cost that much really. Most expense will be fuel. You don't have to buy any laps either. You can grab a ride with someone else !

Mark.

I had an idea for knowing when people are coming (for taking their photos) this year. Cannibalising an iTrip or similar, and adding a simple tone to the input. Take a radio to the spectating point, and tune it into the frequency of all the radio transmitters. Everyone has one in their car transmitting a steady tone over the same frequency. When someone's coming, the radio you're listening to at the spectator spot will start to beep. That's the time to raise the camera, and take a photo. I think I'll try it out this year...

Cheers,

Andy

I had an idea for knowing when people are coming (for taking their photos) this year. Cannibalising an iTrip or similar' date=' and adding a simple tone to the input. Take a radio to the spectating point, and tune it into the frequency of all the radio transmitters. Everyone has one in their car transmitting a steady tone over the same frequency. When someone's coming, the radio you're listening to at the spectator spot will start to beep. That's the time to raise the camera, and take a photo. I think I'll try it out this year...

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

Will they have the range?

"The new Regulations set out the technical specifications for legal devices. This is to minimise the risk of interference to other radio devices. In particular, the Regulations set a 50 nanoWatts power limit for legal devices, which limits the distance at which they can broadcast to up to 8 metres."

Might be better trying to rig something with the PMRs.

How can we pass on this one?? just gotta be done' date=' put us on the list please Mark, i enjoy a good drive

[/quote']

Yeeeeahhh another girlie on the trip :-)

was worried I'd be the only one going to Jake's stag do at the brothel!!! LOl

Cant wait, last year was really good fun,the drive over was amazing & company was great,

think I'll stay at the Hotel again though, don't fancy camping in March!!

Hotel was good, rooms clean and meals nice.....German hospitality great (Nigel & Andy will vouch for Hotel Manager)!!! :-)