Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also advise strongly against racing ANYONE. Only do it if you don't mind losing your pride and Joy.

Go for the drive and the company and the experiance but nothing else.

It's not a nice experiance seeing a good friend plant his car into the barriers and something we wish to avoid for this trip.

Mark.

yeah ditto with above, go for the experience and the new freinds that you will make, go as quick as you like, but DO NOT FEEL PRESSURED into going any quicker than you are capable of, big balls manouver's will only land you in trouble.

yeh agreed, just want to go for the experience and try and not kill either myself or my beloved motor. But still wouldn't mind doing a Sabine Schmidt and razzing a Transit van round in ten minutes...lol...have had a right laugh being a white van 'woman' sometimes driving them things, they're ace! ;)

what hotel' date=' are we gonna try to group book , as i have few more names to be put down that are going with me.

[/quote']

The hotel we used last time isn't taking bookings for Easter yet. Or at least the booking site isn't, well it is over 6 months away. :-(

FYI it was the 3 star Hotel Zum Goldenen Fässchen, Rosenbergstraße 5-7, 54550 Daun, about 20Km from the 'Ring. E45 for a single or E86 for a double/twin.

I never meant racing!! I meant I just dont need the practise! I aint no girly girl, Im not flouncing around the ring. Craig, maybe as I helped u with ur str8line slagigng u cud give me a few tips on the ring. Hang on, u didnt actually take ur car round last year did u.....? Ur mates did it for u.....:)

Craig' date=' maybe as I helped u with ur str8line slagigng u cud give me a few tips on the ring. Hang on, u didnt actually take ur car round last year did u.....? Ur mates did it for u.....:)

[/quote']

Oooohhhh hark at her, Corners are a little bit different to straight line. Slow in fast out is easiest way to describe.

And any way I did 7 laps myself......mates did 1 each.

nah fast in , faster out, the corners that is...

i did 11 laps, and am planning on doing at least another 10 this coming easter.

reckon ill be camping again looking at the price, but this time ill bring some decent sleeping bags, and a bottle of VODKA.