Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all those other newbies like me this page seems to spell out all the basics and give you a good idea of things to think off before you go. Thanks to Nige for the link :)

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/beginners.html

That is probably the best English site for info on the 'ring. For those going for the first time, don't be scared just respect the 'ring.....its not called the Green Hell for nothing. Just build the speed up over the weekend.

Also get tyres up to temp before hammering round some early corners as cold tyres at speed will let go.

Hopefully we'll get a parade lap in this time for people to get some pics of us all together

Its about £70 return at the moment on the ferry. About 2 tanks of petrol there and 2 back, give or take. Camping at 11 euro a day or hotel at £30 a night. Then petrol whilst there plus money for laps, depands on how many you do on that one. Plus beer and food and money for your ring sticker!!!

So £70+£200+£30(camping)+£70=£370 for petrol to and from and camp and ferry.

Then its up to you how much you eat and drink and however many laps you do.

I budget for about £500

what happened Jim did someone crash? ...........i know someone who likes doing that he drives a cabriolet......................... :-p

If that is tongue in cheek then fine but if you didnt know then Pete aka VR6Pete did crash his car on the last day there. If yo search the forum the pics will be around

That's nearly everybody booked up and it's still only £66 return. I'm semi booked but there are still some notable exceptions ;-)

That's going to be some convoy! 15VRs' date=' 4 other cars and an AA truck

[/quote']

Severe cashflow issues mean I shouldn't book until the end of the month. I've spent almost £900 on the car in the last 3 weeks :S

Cheers,

Andy

This way to the 'Ring

Well actually this is the route to the most likely hotel. But it's still a nice route to Nurburg ( 20km further on ) as it gets you to the mountains and forests earlier so is more picturesque and takes you past Spa :-d

That's the route we did last year. We stopped for lunch, and still arrived the same time as everyone else. Having said that, I got an indicated 127mph out of my Focs on the way! :$

Cheers,

Andy

Don't really fell it on speedferries compared to normal ferries

We've been lucky. I had an awful trip earlier this year. Sick bags on the tables ready for us' date=' and I was close to chunder the whole way over.

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

Don't say that, it'll put people off. Donna for one. IIRC she was feeling bad on the way back last time and the channel was virtually a mill pond.

Don't really fell it on speedferries compared to normal ferries

We've been lucky. I had an awful trip earlier this year. Sick bags on the tables ready for us' date=' and I was close to chunder the whole way over.

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

Don't say that, it'll put people off. Donna for one. IIRC she was feeling bad on the way back last time and the channel was virtually a mill pond.

And me :S went on one last year ( not Speedferries ) and even the crew were throwing up !!!!