Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now with the correct dates ;-)

Also note that VRSick is having his stag event organised at the 'Ring for that weekend. I am led to believe that there's a strip joint in Adenau

Sweet! a 1/4 mile as well as the ring.. i'm definately in! and so's my work crew!! and a few other mates..

i'll book the van and trailer for the ferry now' date=' then i can decide on the car nearer the time, and if ne one does a pete, we have an alternative option!!

cant wait guys :)

[/quote']

I'm not sure they allow you to rev your motor on the strip ;)

Actually, can you take a van and trailer on Speedferries?

Cheers,

Andy

Not sure what everyone else was planning regarding insurance while on The Ring but I got this quote which seemed pretty reasonable to me :-

Mr B Seabrook

Many thanks for the completed Application/Quotation form in respect of Track

Day cover. Based on the cover requested – up to 5 days for Part A only for

Europe (cover whilst ‘on’ track), the premium would be £27.50 per person. If

cover is also required ‘off’ track then the premium would increase by £11.00

(total £38.50 assuming the total trip duration does not exceed 5 days). We

would be pleased to arrange cover to your requirements and you merely need

to telephone or email Credit/Debit Card payment details to us when we shall

be pleased to issue Policy documents to you.

Trust this is in order but if there are any queries then please do not

hesitate to contact us. We look forward to receiving your further

instructions in early course.

Regards

Trackcover.com

Tel. 01273-846988

Not sure what everyone else was planning regarding insurance while on The Ring but I got this quote which seemed pretty reasonable to me :-

Trackcover.com

Seems only to be travel insurance to me! American Express ( Ben Lovejoys recommended travel insurer ) will cover you for £14. They paid up, no questions asked, after he had a little extra holiday in the nearby hospital.

Even cheaper options are available. However, Barclays did claim riding a bike there went beyond normal risk. But they'd have difficulty arguing that for a car: The Nordschleif is listed on a Saga guide as to what to do in the Eiffels!

TG

As we are on the subject of insurance, asking your car insurer out right whether you'll be covered is guaranteed to get a no and will also (probably) withdraw your 3rd party cover. If your policy doesn't exclude deristricted toll roads or names the Nordschleif explicitly, you can expect at least 3rd party cover as German road traffic regulations apply. Unfortunately Pete didn't test this point preferring to keep his (dad's) no claim bonus.

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/insurance.html

Im currently getting a quote form Morris insurance who do track cover. Havent got it back yet but will tell u the outcome.

I posted about this on E38 and the brilliant response i got back was.............................................................................................and I hope your sitting down..................................................................................dont bother becasue 90% off ppl on there arent insured anywasy. Nice one guys, good advise there! NOT!!

Seems only to be travel insurance to me!

Really have I made a mistake *-) When I looked throught the summary of cover it seemed to be ok and was listed as a specific insurer for driving your car on a track !!!!! will have to have another look :$

Look at the policy document. http://trackcover.com/track/FullPolicy.html it's all travel insurance this and travel insurance that. And the benefits on the last page only list the usual travel incidents and doesn't mention limits of cover for anything sounding like a car accident. So at most it's travel insurance for dangerous sports

Glad you used the link ;)

http://www.moris.co.uk/index.htm

but after Nige put holes in my other one - I'm not sure this one is any good either *-)

What your Policy does not cover:

* Liability to other participants, to any third parties or to passengers or any property damage.

So will only cover your car! You will still have to rely on your normal insurance for 3rd party cover!

I'm going to use the 'Driving well within the limits' company.

Excuse my stupidity but which one ????

It's part of the 'Don't Crash' group!

LoL

Is that part of the 'keep the feck away from the armco and other drivers' merger?

You with them as well Aswad?

Been a devote repeat customer since my 1st visit