Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused!!

The artical on http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS/news/37243.html praises the Nissan GT-R as the fastest production car but in the list below headed Top Ten production car lap times puts the Radical SR8 as fastest production car. Is the heading wrong on that list, i.e. should it not say Top Ten production car lap times?

Here's the Wiki list of ROAD cars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times#Miscellaneous_lap_times_of_road_cars

Nurburgring for dummies. Have a read' date=' especially those of you coming for the first time. As it were. Ahem!

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

"The first time through Flugplatz your stomach is in your throat as the rear wheels leave the ground. You are pushing desperately in the passenger footwell looking for a brake pedal as you dive into Fuchsröhre and climb up to Adenauer-Forst. Kesselchen will take your breath away, as it is pretty much flat out. As you approach Hohe Acht—which in all seriousness looks as steep as a wall you're about to hit —you will think that the track was designed by a madman. Dropping into Pflanzgarten may well cause you to lose your mind with its long, sweeping, blind curves that whip through the forest. By the time you come sliding out of Galgenkopf onto the back straight, you feel like you've just surfaced from a deep underwater dive"

:S :S :S the more I read the more worried I become !! Cheers Andy ;)

Just treat it like a country lane you've never driven before, and watch your mirrors and you'll be fine. It feels like a rollercoaster when you do it quickly though.

Cheers,

Andy

Ah !

I knew it was a Nissan of some type. Did not realise it was the new GT-R' date=' thought it was still a Skyline !

[/quote']

What did you mean here then mate?

I remembered hearing that the Skyline had one of the fastest laps around the track. And then I heard a little while later somone again mentioning a Nissan car being one of the fastest, I thought it was still the old skyline instead of this new variation.

I had no idea that all these other cars had been round the ring aswell though ! Veyron ? Zonda ? Somone gotta be rich willing to risk losing that kind of money !

So I guess the GT-R is probably the fastest "Realistic" car around the track, if you take away the SR-8 which is basically a go-kart with 360bhp and weight like 600kg and the £800k supercars LoL

i know its abit early but anyone going to the nurburg 24h race later in 2008....i am planning a week long trip at same time....

I'm hoping to, but it depends on my work schedule. I'm also thinking about competing in Rad am Ring 2008, which is another 24 hour race round the 'Ring ... on pedal bikes.

Cheers,

Andy

Just treat it like a country lane you've never driven before' date=' and watch your mirrors and you'll be fine. It feels like a rollercoaster when you do it quickly though.

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

Was hoping to blag a lap with yourself or one of the other guys who have driven round it last year before I actually take my car round it - most people seem to suggest that is a good way to introduce yourself to the track !!!!

Just treat it like a country lane you've never driven before' date=' and watch your mirrors and you'll be fine. It feels like a rollercoaster when you do it quickly though.

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

Was hoping to blag a lap with yourself or one of the other guys who have driven round it last year before I actually take my car round it - most people seem to suggest that is a good way to introduce yourself to the track !!!!

Nah, I just went out !

You are more than welcome to take a lap with me if ya like. I followed others round the track last year but had donna for company :-)

Mark.

If everyone has decent specced PC's we should all race the track together over the net !

I use a game called rFactor for the PC which has Updates all the time. The last Update for the Nordschliefe was August 07 !

I can try and set up the track online and we can all log into it and race ! If we use the same cars it should be really good fun, and with the game being a PC simulator it's amongst the most accurate version of the ring anywhere !

Anyone who wants that game and the mods feel free to PM me and I will give you a link to my server where you can get the bits you need :-)

This is the site with all the mods so you can look over it. . .

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

And here is the link to the latest Nordschleife 2007 track to look at.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Nordschleife%202007

Mark.