Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got gt4 on a ps2 and apparently they spent three months going over the track getting it right, i think i'll be playing it a lot more soon......................and ive got one of those force feedback steering wheels, it is quite exciting without the danger of flying off into the scenery ruining your pride and joy................ :-p

The trouble with all these other consoles is most people will not all have the same. Some 360 some ps2 some ps3 etc. . .

And yet we ALL have a PC :-) And they can all be linked together so we can race each other :-)

We could make nights in the week to all get together and race the ring before we even get there ! LoL :-)

this has probely already been asked but wot the score with hotels ??? we bookin up now or when we get there????

Tony from page 46... last I heard

hvr6 wrote ...

TG - Did you hear back from the hotel yet?

Yes, but they didn't offer a discount. But it's normal price isn't bad compared to UK hotels, E45 PPPN B&B.

We can book now with them directly ( http://www.goldfass.de/htm/reserv.htm ) but then we would have different cancellation conditions than if we waited and booked using an internet engine ( http://www-eifel.tkn-rlp.de/show_hotel.asp?RG=IT&ID=95001186 ).

My suggestion for making the hotel stay cheaper is to eat at one of the pizzerias between the 'Ring and the hotel and spending less time in the bar!

Just treat it like a country lane you've never driven before' date=' and watch your mirrors and you'll be fine. It feels like a rollercoaster when you do it quickly though.

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

Was hoping to blag a lap with yourself or one of the other guys who have driven round it last year before I actually take my car round it - most people seem to suggest that is a good way to introduce yourself to the track !!!!

No problem. I'll probably do a lap or two in the 330d, so you can jump in with me. It won't be a fast lap though, as I can't risk the car because I don't get paid if I can't drive to work. I'm planning to rent a track car for a day over there, so there's only one spare seat in that. I'd prefer passengers in my 330d to wear a helmet, and in a rental it will be mandatory (rollcage).

Cheers,

Andy

I know a guy that taught himself on the latest Gran Turismo and he said it pretty acurate

Bollocks. You can't learn the track from a computer game. Having said that, you can learn which way the track goes from it. After 50 laps you'll know which direction the track goes, and you'll recognise the corners when you get there. After 100 laps, you'll be comfortable. Don't whatever you do think that you can learn braking points, entry speeds, turn in points or even apexes! I'll be doing another 100 laps on Forza Motorsport before we go to refresh my memory about which way I'm going. It's realistic to the point of you knowing where you are, and for that I think Forza is great. You can buy an original XBox and Forza Motorsport for less than £50. One thing you'll underestimate though is the height changes through the track. It really is very hilly!

Cheers,

Andy

What ya planning on renting ? :-)

Gonna miss my lap in the beemer ! Suprised to see it go !

Mark.

Actually, the buyer has dipped out, so I've still got it. It'll go by Easter though! I'm thinking about one of the 325s or an M3. Should be fun! It's less than £500 for a whole day in an E36 M3, or just £300 for an E36 325i. Bargain!

Cheers,

Andy

No problem. I'll probably do a lap or two in the 330d' date=' so you can jump in with me. It won't be a fast lap though, as I can't risk the car because I don't get paid if I can't drive to work. I'm planning to rent a track car for a day over there, so there's only one spare seat in that. I'd prefer passengers in my 330d to wear a helmet, and in a rental it will be mandatory (rollcage).

Cheers,

Andy

Cheers mate that sounds great :) not worried about it being fast would just be nice to actually have a look round it before tackling it in my car !! must remember to pack a helmet as well then.

No problem. I'll probably do a lap or two in the 330d' date=' so you can jump in with me. It won't be a fast lap though, as I can't risk the car because I don't get paid if I can't drive to work. I'm planning to rent a track car for a day over there, so there's only one spare seat in that. I'd prefer passengers in my 330d to wear a helmet, and in a rental it will be mandatory (rollcage).

Cheers,

Andy

Cheers mate that sounds great :) not worried about it being fast would just be nice to actually have a look round it before tackling it in my car !! must remember to pack a helmet as well then.

A helmet is recommended, although none of us bothered last year. If you want passenger laps with people you don't know, most will want you to wear a helmet. Most people on the ringers forum will take you out for a lap or two...

Cheers,

Andy

A helmet is recommended' date=' although none of us bothered last year. If you want passenger laps with people you don't know, most will want you to wear a helmet. Most people on the ringers forum will take you out for a lap or two...

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

I was very pleased I took mine when I got the chance to go out with the legendary Ben Lovejoy last Easter :-D

A helmet is recommended' date=' although none of us bothered last year. If you want passenger laps with people you don't know, most will want you to wear a helmet. Most people on the ringers forum will take you out for a lap or two...

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

I was very pleased I took mine when I got the chance to go out with the legendary Ben Lovejoy last Easter :-D

You kept that quiet! You lucky git!

Cheers,

Andy

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

Cheers,

Andy

Oh, I'd thought I'd mentioned it. In the Ring Haus' MK4 TDI whilst I was waiting for everyone to arrive on the Monday morning. I did get a mention, or two, in his Easter write up, although I'm down as being a Belgium biker and a flagger.

A Belgian biker called Nigel asked for a paxlap' date=' so I took him out for one and then did a swap to take Anna out for the second.

On the same lap, a Golf was sitting facing the wrong way on the approach to Hohe-Acht with the front-end missing. Again, everyone seemed ok, and it was already being flagged.

[/quote']

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

Cheers,

Andy

Oh, I'd thought I'd mentioned it. In the Ring Haus' MK4 TDI whilst I was waiting for everyone to arrive on the Monday morning. I did get a mention, or two, in his Easter write up, although I'm down as being a Belgium biker and a flagger.

A Belgian biker called Nigel asked for a paxlap' date=' so I took him out for one and then did a swap to take Anna out for the second.

On the same lap, a Golf was sitting facing the wrong way on the approach to Hohe-Acht with the front-end missing. Again, everyone seemed ok, and it was already being flagged.

[/quote']

I wasn't there on the Monday, so that explains why I'd not heard. How could he think you were Belgian? You don't sound Belgian! How was the Ringhaus TDI? I'm probably going to get a rental at Easter, but I don't know whether to have one of the Rent Racecar cars or use something that Ringhaus have.

Cheers,

Andy

I wasn't there on the Monday' date=' so that explains why I'd not heard. How could he think you were Belgian? You don't sound Belgian! How was the Ringhaus TDI? I'm probably going to get a rental at Easter, but I don't know whether to have one of the Rent Racecar cars or use something that Ringhaus have.

Cheers,

Andy

He openly admits to being crap with names/faces as he talks to so many people in a weekend.. The TDI seemed fast enough ;-) I quite fancy the Ringhaus' Polo. They make it sound like a gocart. ( and I'm a cheap skate ).

[/quote']

Is this you alter ego - by day a mild mannered goth called Nige and by night a fearless, ring riding Belgian biker called Nigel ;);)

Damn, you got me. I am the Ghostrider!