Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

So I guess this means despite all the scares and rumours we are all go for the Easter trip ??

Must be fate, I booked the ferry yesterday. And now dates are out I'd advise any one who hasn't to do so sharpish before the world and his ringing wife do.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame. No evening runs on Friday. We'll have to make good time to get there for the session on Friday. Mind you' date=' this year we were there at about 16:30. Should get a couple of laps in, especially as my engine is twice the size this year :D

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

What you need to remember is that Easter weekend next year is before the clocks go forward so it's going to be dark early.

Ahh, good point. Still, I hope to get a lap in before they shut on Friday.

Cheers,

Andy

I had an idea for knowing when people are coming (for taking their photos) this year. Cannibalising an iTrip or similar' date=' and adding a simple tone to the input. Take a radio to the spectating point, and tune it into the frequency of all the radio transmitters. Everyone has one in their car transmitting a steady tone over the same frequency. When someone's coming, the radio you're listening to at the spectator spot will start to beep. That's the time to raise the camera, and take a photo. I think I'll try it out this year...

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

Do you need to add a tone? Surely, any signal on the frequency will do. From playing with mine, when it's out of range / off the FM radio makes white noise. If the transmitter is on, you get silence - until the MP3 starts obviously. We can then each have our own signature tune, mine will be some maudlin Sisters Of Mercy track of course.

My suggestion for the frequency to use would be either 102.8 or 10(vr)6.0 ;-)

That's a good point. Everyone can have their own signature tune! Right, all you need is your iTrip (or other similarly functioning device) set to the VR6OC frequency, which we'll decide on when we get there. That way, if your iPod is playing, we'll get some advance warning to get some photos in. I lost count of the number of people I just missed getting a photo of this year!

Cheers,

Andy

getting really excited now about this trip!

I cant help myself ordering new toys for my car.

Just given it a full service. Coilovers on and testing out different settings. Got new bigger brakes, goodrich hoses and red stuff pads (never used red stuff so fingers crossed they will be ok). Also fitted my new sump guard.

guys, i no it may not happen , but if it does snow, do we have a plan on what to do, are we -

A - not gonna get on the ferry and laugh it all off

B- get on the ferry turn up , get pissed, see what will be

C- something else ?

as i have 4 cars coming with me, id be intrested to gauge the general opinion. im gonna go whatever, so i vote A

guys' date=' i no it may not happen , but if it does snow, do we have a plan on what to do, are we -

C- something else ?

as i have 4 cars coming with me, id be intrested to gauge the general opinion. im gonna go whatever, so i vote A

[/quote']

A cruise, or should that be (kerb) crawl, to Amsterdam was mentioned as a possible C

http://www.campingzeeburg.nl/index.html

guys' date=' i no it may not happen , but if it does snow, do we have a plan on what to do, are we -

C- something else ?

[/quote']

As far as I am concerned it would be option B :-p