Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit of bad news dudes and dudetts .... im not goin ... car is very ill and not to sure if it will make dover let alone a few trips round the ring .... think the rolloing road killed it lol havin trouble startin and miss firin and stuff like that soo need to do a major engine re- build ....

but up side is i have a speed ferry ticket ... and i can transfer the Reg... so first come first served... i payed £85 and that all im askin is £85...... send me a pm if intrested

will be there next yr with bells on and a new and imporved vr cab with a bit more poke ...

tony

NOOOOO!!!!!!! Mate try n get it sorted :-(

bit of bad news dudes and dudetts .... im not goin ... car is very ill and not to sure if it will make dover let alone a few trips round the ring .... think the rolloing road killed it lol havin trouble startin and miss firin and stuff like that soo need to do a major engine re- build ....

but up side is i have a speed ferry ticket ... and i can transfer the Reg... so first come first served... i payed £85 and that all im askin is £85...... send me a pm if intrested

will be there next yr with bells on and a new and imporved vr cab with a bit more poke ...

tony

poor excuse mate :P If I can build and take my VR6 to the ring in 8 weeks, then im sure you can sort yours!

plenty of ppl on the site tht would be willing to help you, im sure!

pfffft!

i hear u boys but i need to get a loan and get the bottom rebuilt by stelth and i just dontt have the time do take it out stip it and rebuild it put it back in and plus dont fancy makin the ring trip my runnin in period and wanna do a bit more to it .... it really gutted ...... will be ready for the summer shows thou ....

thats a real shame Tony but why don't you come anyway just bring another car ??

After the GTi pulled 160bhp at Perfect Touch she is defo going to Germany again in preference to the VR.

or volunteer to be a copilot for someone without speedferry tickets as I still do believe they aren't transferable, unless someone who has been in contact with SF knows better. *-)

anyhow' date=' im still going, but the weaker the pound the more expensive.

[/quote']

Where did you get your petrol prices from Jim? The Auchan ( think Jet meets Tesco ) website http://www.auchancalais.com/shopping_centre.asp have prices over 1.30E for this week.

So with a weak pound, it's getting to the point where petrol isn't any cheaper in France. You card issuer will also impose a handling charge for the Euro transaction.

In which case we might as well brim them in the UK and cut out a petrol stop on route, getting us to the 'Ring that much earlier. ;-)

yeah, Vr6 Highline lover, Sam Vr6 + partner, myself and about half a dozen other peeps are going over on the P&O ferry. we'll be meeting up with the convoy en francais. i will have the van and car in trailer so can assist with peoples kit should space be limited. and once we hit those autobahns, the vr will be leaving the trailer!

bookin the ferry this week!!!!

what sort of stuff are people taking with them??

Like a spare oil' date=' gaffa tape, bottle of water. That sort of thing just in case something happens

I am going to be take things like that also a few tools.

what about you?

[/quote']

I don't go to the shops with out all of that :-(

Obviously make sure you've got your jack, towing eye, and wheel nut key. If you can squeeze one in, and if you have a spare rim, take a full size spare. Driving back across Belgium at 30mph will leave you suicidally depressed!

I'll have a 12v compressor, pressure and tread depth gauges.

As a first timer I can't see any need to take spare pads. You are not going to want to push it that hard. Just make sure they have plenty of meat on them before you leave the UK.

Two strange suggestions; lip balm and glass cleaner.

TG

yeah' date=' Vr6 Highline lover, Sam Vr6 + partner, myself and about half a dozen other peeps are going over on the P&O ferry. we'll be meeting up with the convoy en francais. i will have the van and car in trailer so can assist with peoples kit should space be limited. and once we hit those autobahns, the vr will be leaving the trailer!

bookin the ferry this week!!!!

[/quote']

Sounds good mate - glad Graham is coming along as well - I forsee much hilarity ;) Are you guys all camping ??

Not forgetting the legal requirements:

V5C

MOT

Insurance Docs

GB badge or Euro plate

Bulb Kit

Warning Triangle

First Aid Kit

Fire Extinguisher

Hi-Vis vest

Some are not strictly absolute requirements for driving but breaking down on a motorway without them is illegal *-)

European Breakdown cover ( not AA ) is recommended along with adequate travel insurance and a European Health Insurance Card as this will reduce/cover any medical excess.

One PMR radio per car is also good as it keeps the convoy in touch with each other without mobile roaming charges.

TG

P.s. if camping, tent poles are a must ;-)

P.s. if camping' date=' tent poles are a must ;-)

[/quote']

I believe that one was aimed at me, fair play, twas me that forget the poles (and pegs) last Easter.

But on the upside, stayed in a lovely warm cosy bed, in a haunted house (the missus woke up screaming at what she thought was someone hanging themself), owned by a lovely 80+ yr old German lady who couldn't speak a stitch of english.

Andy> are you missing an PMR? I've found one in the car ;) . I'll return it at Easter

Can't wait for this, hope the weather doesn't spoil things, be great to catch up with the old faces and meet some new ones.

I believe that one was aimed at me' date=' fair play, twas me that forget the poles (and pegs) last Easter.

Andy> are you missing an PMR? I've found one in the car ;) . I'll return it at Easter

[/quote']

Sorry mate, cheap shot I know.

I am missing a radio As, I might have left it in your car after a pax lap. Can't remember the make, maybe the same as Andys, think it's got some bright green NiMHs in.

TG