Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

One PMR radio per car is also good as it keeps the convoy in touch with each other without mobile roaming charges.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a PMR radio ? *-)

No worries' date=' every query helps us get to the 100 page milestone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PMR446

[/quote']

Cheers Nige - so is this something i should go out and purchase or does anyone have a spare I could borrow for the trip ???

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Nigel - so is this something i should go out and purchase or does anyone have a spare I could borrow for the trip ???

From last years list, AndyL has 4, JimP has 2 and if the one in Cadders' car is mine, I also have 2. But with so many cars going we going to need some more as a group. Could noobs with any speak up.

otherwise, Ebay is the place. Look for any without docking stations as the batteries can be easily removed and recharged with a standard AAA NiMH charger. Which I will have with me.

Avoid binetone ones! But make sure you get 446MHz ones.

TG

Should we also put together a mobile phone list for everyone going ??

Yep' date=' I have been meaning to. But will compile it off-line to protect the numbers from LBM Direct Marketing ( http://www.dynamoo.com/diary/lbm-direct-marketing.htm )

So if you are willing to let the group have your mobile number PM it to me. I'll keep a list and provide handouts on the day.

TG

[edit - fixed link ;) ]

Moderator edit by: cadguy

Also are we going to pre plan a route with some agreed / suggested stops along the way ??

Working on it as I type.

From Boulogne it's only 300 miles, so one stop should do us.

This is where we had our main stop last time; Texaco Groot Bijgaarden. Although we missed all the extra parking and ended up double parked, doh! http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=50.880401&lon=4.253536&z=17&r=0&src=ggl

About 2hrs from Boulogne and more importantly just before the Brussels Ring Road.

Next task is to fine somewhere in Boulogne to wait up whilst we all disembark.

TG

My best guess is some where here

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1201789516_2196_FT191036_boulogne.jpg]1201789516_2196_FT191036_boulogne_.jpg[/lightbox]

Easy to find (*) . Rather than turning left on the roundabout as you leave the port, turn right. There seems to be a parking bay down by the sea front. The N1 then takes us directly to the A16 motorway without going though the center of town and risk getting split up.

(*) famous last words!

Grrrrr I am really REALLY reconsidering my decision to pull out from this!! How much was the max cost about' date=' 400-500 euros?

[/quote']

There's a spreadsheet with the cost break down on the first post of this thread mate. depends how heave your right foot is, and how many laps around the ring you want...

Pete

Is there anyone down south that could put me and my co-pilot up for the night? dont fancy driving all the way from stoke to Dovor in one hit...

cheers.

pete

Pete, your more than welcome to crash at mine. Still 2hrs from Dover but better than nothing.

What time is everyone meeting up at the Lesiure Centre Car Park?

Ferry is at 7. The cheap tickets have a 45min check in and the ferry is full.

So I'd suggest 5:30 for a 5:45 roll out so that no-one gets bumped.

Good God' date=' [i']what am I saying!!