Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the best radios to get then guys?

cheers' date='

Pete

[/quote']

Anything PMR446 will do. Ebay and Maplin are good sources. I bought four Motorola units with a couple of docking stations for charging. You should get a pair for under £30 quite easily. These are pretty feature rich units, but these are great value!

Cheers,

Andy

Cheers' date=' any I should avoid? will pop up macro later...

[/quote']

Dunno, TBH. Useful features are a docking station or socket for charging, included batteries (usually AAA but could be proprietry), the extra sub-channels (there's 8 main channels that are split into numerous other channels), voice activation (and adjustability of this for your stripped out car or quiet Maybach), and roger beeps. The roger beep is useful as it transmits a beep when you release the talk button. This lets everyone know you've stopped wittering on!

Cheers,

Andy

but if i bring the wii and it gets broke/nicked then ill have me nuts chopped

good point well made ;-) does your little telly a) work in DE? B) have a video out? There's a GP Sunday morning.

GP in the morning? Best bet is a sky receiver. Maplin have a portable satellite receiver on offer for £80 at the moment. Plug that into your projector and a pair of speakers for a proper ITV-spec broadcast. Being the Malaysian GP, it'll be early but that's good for me as I need to be at rent-racecar.de for 08:00 at the very latest!

Cheers,

Andy

but if i bring the wii and it gets broke/nicked then ill have me nuts chopped

good point well made ;-) does your little telly a) work in DE? B) have a video out? There's a GP Sunday morning.

GP in the morning? Best bet is a sky receiver. Maplin have a portable satellite receiver on offer for £80 at the moment. Plug that into your projector and a pair of speakers for a proper ITV-spec broadcast. Being the Malaysian GP' date=' it'll be early but that's good for me as I need to be at rent-racecar.de for 08:00 at the very latest!

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

due to start at 8 german time. my back up plan was a DVB receiver.

Pete: I have some cobra mt-750 which seemed OK. SeaDemon advises against binatone. If you already have some AAA NiMH consider just getting the radios, as Andy said Ebay is the place for 'incomplete' sets. I'm going to have my hi-speed charger which will recharge the batteries quicker than a cradle.

Yup me too am going to keep my fingers crossed !!

Thanks fellas - job hunting is going fairly well at the moment have enjoyed a couple of weeks off but time to get back into it now !! :-(

Steve - am organising to meet Jim and his mates in Colchester so we can all trip down together. :)

Thanks mate I was thinking we may have to spend £70 or £80!

I've just dropped her off at my indie garage she'll be back with new pads, discs, hoses & raceland mani... so close now! Hope it's not too cold for you campers! Hi de hi!