Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Pete has had to pull out I'll now have a spare PMR as well' date=' as long as Cadders gets it back to me in time ;-)

[/quote']

Posted today Nige :)

cheers mate

arived today, thanks again. I'll look after it better this time.

Craggsy I'll make sure it's nice and charged and let you have it at thurrock.

Hey people, just thought i'd explain why i've pulled out of this trip.. mainly down to money, I've perhaps thrown more money at the golf in a rush to get it finished in time, that ive simply ran out of money, the rear arches also need rolling, so i cant drive it hard currently.

my aux water pump died on saturday, so that was another 80 quid out of the funds, birthday drinkig etc... just the wrong side of pay day more than anything (get paid on 25th apr), and still dont have any breakdown cover.

Nevermind... I'm planning to go again on the 11th July - see thread:

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?224225

Hope to see you there!

Pete

we'll be there rain or shine even if I don't get on the track' date='

[/quote']

I'll bring the PS2 and GT4 so we can at least pretend on the hotel's telly ;-)

I'll bring the XBox and Forza dfor comparison then. I find Forza great for learning where the track goes.

Cheers,

Andy

Since Pete has had to pull out I'll now have a spare PMR as well' date=' as long as Cadders gets it back to me in time ;-)

[/quote']

Posted today Nige :)

cheers mate

arived today, thanks again. I'll look after it better this time.

Craggsy I'll make sure it's nice and charged and let you have it at thurrock.

Cool, cheers Nige.............my camera isnt gonna be hidden as ran out of time to get it sorted, so ive taped it to a screen mounted cage kinda like a sat nav thing

my camera is in, but stealthy its not, im gonna go with the it so obvious they wont see it trick.

if they moan ill just move it and stick it on the dash on the velcro mount ive made (and tested)

got a 30bg pvr to record onto aswell, so i can record all the there and back if i choose... :)

Link to info pack PM'd to everyone. Let me know If I've missed ya!

Thanks for the info & excellent report from 07 Nige, read it through last night but then couldn't get to sleep for half the night, just too excited!!! 8-)

getting some legal gb plates made today, then im all set , just my radios to charge..

jason are you still bringing a bbq..if so ill stop by at the lidls/aldi and get some charcoal..and sausages etc.. and can someone bring a coolbox,,,to keep meat in, as nothing will be open easter sunday

and can someone bring a coolbox' date=',,to keep meat in,

[/quote']

Why? To stop it freezing!

In my leccy box I'll have:

15m 'camping' plug to UK 3 pin socket lead.

25m 'camping' plug to 'camping' socket lead.

500W outdoor floodlight with UK 3 pin plug.

500W outdoor floodlight with 'camping' plug.

UK 3 pin RCD device.

UK 3 Pin 6way multi socket.

Small tent to keep it all dry.

Cable ties.

The campers will have to use their own ingenuity as to how to safely mount the lights to make them usable. Apparently they need to be 1m from flammable materials such as trees or tents.

I'll take it most of the way but obviously to get it to the camp site someone will need to take it off me at the last stop.

Thanks for the info & excellent report from 07 Nige' date=' read it through last night but then couldn't get to sleep for half the night, just too excited!!! 8-)

[/quote']

Obviously you don't need to print everything out but anyone taking a laptop/pda/other gadget might find the bigger file useful to have loaded.

I've started the 2008 report already :-d

RE: Helmets. In answer to a call from a very, very excited sounding HVR6.

In your own car helmets are not required, especially as it won't be the weather for pushing it hard at all. Although, if one person in a car does then all passengers should, or vice versa.

If you are lucky enough to get a passenger lap with a Ringer then yes, they normally insist. But again I doubt there'll be too many of them out.

I've got a small/medium one which anyone grabbing a lap with AndyL in the TT can borrow and am trying to blag another of an as yet unconfirmed size.