Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

as im goin around in a cabrio is it worth me gettin a bash hat or not ??? been thinkin about if for a few weeks now as someone sugested it to me ???

Doesn't hurt to be prepared, take one with you then you've got it if you feel you need it :-)

Prevention is better than cure as my Mum says!!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Somebody has mentioned that VLN have got down March 22 (Easter Saturday) as a testing and adjustment day."

Seems strange if not unprecedented. Just think of the team's overtime bills, Easter being so big in Germany.

It's not the end of the world either. Makes Saturday a good night for a party, remember we'll have some stag do stuff to be doing, and spectating VLN cars will be enjoyable in itself, oh the noise :-)

Seems strange if not unprecedented. Just think of the team's overtime bills' date=' Easter being so big in Germany.

It's not the end of the world either. Makes Saturday a good night for a party, remember we'll have some stag do stuff to be doing, and spectating VLN cars will be enjoyable in itself, oh the noise :-)

[/quote']

Good plan Nige - and I seem to remember something was mentioned about a nice bar where apparently ladies occasionally take their clothes off ;);) fast cars + beer + naked chicks = amazing weekend :-p

Rather him than me: http://media.putfile.com/19112007012

You can use the hotels own web site to book now. It's just that it means more cancellation notice is needed. The owner said 'as much as possible' whereas the regional tourism booking site requires just 24hrs. This is the main reason the rooms aren't released to the tourism board yet, I guess too many people canceled at the last minute last year due to the snow the week before.

Despite the weather there already ( see above ), I'm tempted to go the camping route! My fire on bonfire night kept me cosy until 3:30 and it wasn't even that big.

TG

"Somebody has mentioned that VLN have got down March 22 (Easter Saturday) as a testing and adjustment day."

The latest timetable for VLN 2008 is:

March 15: Test

March 29

April 12

April 26

May 10

June 21

July 05

July 19

September 13

October 11

October 25

And a video for AndyL:

Friday' date=' 21.03.08 08:00 until 18:30 h

Touristenfahrten, 21.03.2008

(Nordschleife)

Saturday, 22.03.08 08:00 until 18:30 h

Touristenfahrten, 22.03.2008

(Nordschleife)

Sunday, 23.03.08 08:00 until 18:30 h

Touristenfahrten, 23.03.2008

(Nordschleife)

[/quote']

So I guess this means despite all the scares and rumours we are all go for the Easter trip ??

That's a shame. No evening runs on Friday. We'll have to make good time to get there for the session on Friday. Mind you' date=' this year we were there at about 16:30. Should get a couple of laps in, especially as my engine is twice the size this year :D

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

What you need to remember is that Easter weekend next year is before the clocks go forward so it's going to be dark early.

I had an idea for knowing when people are coming (for taking their photos) this year. Cannibalising an iTrip or similar' date=' and adding a simple tone to the input. Take a radio to the spectating point, and tune it into the frequency of all the radio transmitters. Everyone has one in their car transmitting a steady tone over the same frequency. When someone's coming, the radio you're listening to at the spectator spot will start to beep. That's the time to raise the camera, and take a photo. I think I'll try it out this year...

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote']

Do you need to add a tone? Surely, any signal on the frequency will do. From playing with mine, when it's out of range / off the FM radio makes white noise. If the transmitter is on, you get silence - until the MP3 starts obviously. We can then each have our own signature tune, mine will be some maudlin Sisters Of Mercy track of course.

My suggestion for the frequency to use would be either 102.8 or 10(vr)6.0 ;-)