i would have to say, i think that 17's look good size wise, but leave quite a bit to be desired on the handling front! i have just bought some 16's again and think its the best compromise to handling/looking sweet, if you want the best of both worlds that is! no doubt, my opinions will not be shared with all who pass this way!

i would have to say' date=' i think that 17's look good size wise, but leave quite a bit to be desired on the handling front! i have just bought some 16's again and think its the best compromise to handling/looking sweet, if you want the best of both worlds that is! no doubt, my opinions will not be shared with all who pass this way![/quote']

I'd have to disagree.......mine handles superbly on the 17's, no tramming at all........then again it could be down to the Koni Coliovers set to HARD ;)

all depends how low you want the car though! if you're quite happy with 4x4 ride height then 17's or even 18's will be fine, if you want it in the weeds with as much clearance as possilble then they're just to big to perform well enough for me! its all down to your driving preferences i guess!

all depends how low you want the car though! if you're quite happy with 4x4 ride height then 17's or even 18's will be fine' date=' if you want it in the weeds with as much clearance as possilble then they're just to big to perform well enough for me! its all down to your driving preferences i guess![/quote']

Agreed ;)

Minty

Have to agree with Dubloke, car does look good on those rims.

I new your car better than most on here as I used to work with VR6si, and can also claim to have driven it on a number of occasions, so I know it used to handle really well,

My problem really is having the funds to justify 17" wheels and tyres as well as having to invest in coilovers to get the look right. I have seen some nice 16" wheels, and although my car is only lowered 30mm aprox, these will no doubt look a little better than the BBS Solitudes currently fitted.

Minty

Have to agree with Dubloke' date=' car does look good on those rims.

I new your car better than most on here as I used to work with VR6si, and can also claim to have driven it on a number of occasions, so I know it used to handle really well,

My problem really is having the funds to justify 17" wheels and tyres as well as having to invest in coilovers to get the look right. I have seen some nice 16" wheels, and although my car is only lowered 30mm aprox, these will no doubt look a little better than the BBS Solitudes currently fitted.

[/quote']

Excellent........Hi btw. Si's a top bloke and the car is an absolute pleasure. The handling is superb.....i wound the dampening out to hard now.....so even better.

I here what you're saying though. Coilovers are a huge outlet and along with 17's i suppose you're looking at the best part of £1,500.

I think 16's will look just as good as 17's with the ride height you're running.

My oppinion is;

17"s look good as opposed to a 16" wheel of some width, unless its a Porsche wheel! 9X16"s look the bollocks, but tramline...

I've had 7.5x17"s, 9x16"s and now on 8x17"s.. I personally wanna move back to 16"s as, although mine isn't a VR6 yet, the car felt quicker and the handles much better than 17"s...

an 8x16 is perfect! (Design 90's)

Guest Olly_K

mark, so true. when i bought my car it had 15's on, and you could really notice the pull. ever since putting 17's on, its disappeared. its only since having the shrick cams and vsr plus everything else that i can feel the pull again. Now i wonder how much more pull i would get dropping to 16's

i feel the same way olly, although i really like the look of my 17's, and most people say how they suit the car, it had lost a bit of bite on the acceleration front, plus i noticed it didnt turn in as well! having the vsr and remao has given the bite back, and i have now bought a set of 16's for pennies to polish up and try on the car with the feeling it will transform the handling back to how i prefferd it, and the extra grunt from the vsr/chip will give it a bit more accelaeration without sacrificing to much top end! i have seen the car off the clock on a few occasions now, but dont get the chance that often so not so worried!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is still on the standard 15 (205/50/15). Planning to go to 16's.

What size tyre are other people running on 16's?

On the inside of the filler cap it lists the tyre pressures & there it details 2 tyre sizes, my current 205/50/15 and also 215/40/16., so that is the size I was going to put on.

Any oppinions?

My car isn't lowered - yet ;)

• 2 weeks later...