Insurance, mod's and 'Ring friendly

I got a new insurance policy with Privilege at the end of June when the car was standard.

Went with Privilege because competitive price and no explicit Nurburgring exclusions.

But when I phoned back to ask them the effect that fitting induction kit, stainless steel exhaust and uprated anti-roll bars would make they want an extra £140 AND to increase the excess to £600 fire and theft and £800 accidental damage!

To top it all off - have now received a letter saying that the Scorpion 5000 Cat 1 alarm/immob isn't on their list of approved devices so they can't cover for theft at all !

Pretty pissed off with all this so want to find another insurance company and was wondering if you good people could recommend anywhere?

Having looked in the discount section of Premium members area I see Adrian Flux give a discount. Got a great quote from them, but they exclude the Nurburgring, so thats out. Are there any left that are Nurburgring and modification friendly ?

Mmmm, I got my insurance through Adrian Flux, the insurer is Red Star Equity and in the policy doc. all it says is

"The following uses are not covered.

â–  Racing, pacemaking or being in any contest or speed trial or any rigorous reliability

testing on your vehicle (apart from road safety rallies and treasure hunts).

â–  Using your vehicle on any race track or circuit, other than accidents to which the

Road Traffic Act applies."

Which to me doesn't exclude the 'Ring as the German road traffic law applies.

When I was on the phone to a broker at Adrian Flux, I mentioned that the quote I'd received was underwritten by Highways Insurance Company and that they excluded use at the 'Ring. I then just asked if any of their other underwriters did the same, he went off and asked and came back saying they all did. In retrospect I suspect that was probably the easiest thing for him to say rather than it being a result of diligently investigating the policy wording from every underwriter they use!!

Tempted to phone back and ask them to re-quote using Red Star Equity only...

Lots of insurers now specify an exclusion in their policy of "derestricted toll roads" which basiclly means the 'ring!

You don't need insurance to drive it - I went at the end of June and just did my best not to crash!! I did have a moment at Adenau Forst, though... :$