Ok,

So time for an oil change & I have saved enough for the oil cooler so want to get it done. Here's my question.

I am looking at the MOCAL type. (car is charged) and I seem to recall some conversations that the Phirm do one for about £250 fitted that is good quality and includes all parts needed.

So is that correct and or what alternates are available????

Thanks chaps (-esses)

R

Mine was from the phirm, 16 row slimline cooler, thermostatic sandwich plate, mushroom cap and threaded tube, all hoeses and fittings £160 inc p&p by 12 the next morning. Its the kit where you delete the heat exchanger aswell and easy to fit

an afternoon, once the exchanger is taken off the sandwich plate can be a pain to get on, if u screw the threaded pipe in first then fit the plate its easier. I did mine on its wheels with the bumper off, as i couldnt find my axle stands, but if you raised it up it will be even easier

no worries mate, I used 2 pieces of angle aluminium to make up an upside-down T shape bracket, mounted the cooler to the bracket with its fittings pointing down, then drilled 2 holes in the chassis just behind the bumper bracket, slapped on loads of underseal, used big self-tapper to bolt it in then painted it again with underseal, it now sits about 1.5 inches behind that vent

If you go for the 16 row and fit it there, when u order, u normally get 2 straight fittings and 2 swooping 90 degree fittings, ask to swap the 2 straight for 90s as with the straight fittings on the bottom of the cooler the hoses are very low, but with the 90 degree ones you raise them up a few inches and theyre right out the way then. I found that out after id fitted it and had to get the new 90 fittings from pirtek

and the 2 sandwich plate fittings should point to 5 oclock i found, to get it seated properly

I have had a chat with the Phirm and Stealth and e by gum there's a difference in price. £170 and 2 hours labour from the phirm and £270 and 4 hours labour from Stealth......

Bit of a shock that.... Both are branded.... I think the Phirm one has to be the right option.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...