your views on different exhausts..

i bought a full mongoose, cos they are the only pipes i had on my tuned fords, and they sounded awesome, spine tingly fantastic, so when my standard pipe decided time was up, i thought 'i know, i'll call Collins in congleton', so i did. paid the best part of £327, paid some monkeys to put it on, and it looks mint. and so i rubbed my hands, cant wait to hear a nice V6 burble coming from the back...

the standard exhaust was more noteable!! it is so quiet! i even took off the filter just to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me, and it wasn't, and i was gutted. even now, 2 months later, still no noise. and im just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with exhausts, and what they did. Collins have since said that for a 'fee' of over £100, they will remove and keep the centre section, and replace it with a single pipe, which would mean the pipe would have cost me well over £450

anybody else...? :S

I've just installed a Jetex system (after being pointed in the right direction by purple highline monster), same as above, centre and back box with straight pipe from decat. sounds sweet changing through the gears and at full chat it barks, and a quiet rumble on idle, just how i like it and cost just under £280 from http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

For the money it's absolutely spot on

if its a 3 box system get rid of the large 'suitcase' box

I fitted a magnex on my last car and thought the same as you, couldnt wait to hear it! But it was a dissapointment

I had a system built by powerflow so I knew exactly what i was getting when I bought my VR

it's a 2 box, rear has no filling whatsoever apparently. what pisses me off more, is that people, or engineers in this case, should give you a little bit more info as to what your buying. i mean magnex supply aston and tvr for crying out loud, do you know where im coming from?

its a lot of money to spend, and if sky had of pulled their finger out and given me broadband when i asked, then i would have asked the question first and then looked at what i was buying.

i mean, the pipes look mint, it fits belting, i'll get a pick up soon, but just totally let down by the product. i guess this is my rant, and shall be a lesson to me, and to others, dont buy mongoose or magnex for a VR!! ha ha

Has anyone ever heard a VR with full Supersprint system? Try not too as it you do you'll be a £500+ out of pocket when you can no longer fight the urge and have to buy one! Ive come close several times, but as my exhaust is only 14months old I keep stopping myself. The one I heard sounded like an 80's porsche

sounds like they are having your pants down mate if its just a box you want out you could remove the straight box and just have a straight pipe on sleeves or even have flanges welded + a de-cat at the same time - id go to some where and see if theyll fit you in cash after 5pm - i know some guys at mr tyre who sort me out like that.

hey up franny srry to hear bout your probz you been having wid you zorst....

you could try 1 guy not so far from you called IAN BIRCH a true Vw enthusiast himself having engineered some of the finest Vw's over the years...he now runs Pipe Werx over in Lathom in Lancishire

i used a firm closer to myself Andy@Zorstec

both firms do quality work @ reasnable prices

Seriously mate' date=' you wanna swap? Mine's only 6 months old..........

[/quote']

have you got any clips of it? stupidly loud is not for me, i just wanted something thats got a nice note, and at full chat sounds awesome, something thats got a v6 burble.

also, might look into pipe werx, see what they say. cheers

Ah then this may not be for you then....... it does sound good at ful chat, but it's the in-between bits that are the loudest. To be honest mate it's not that pleasant. Took it back the place I got it fitted yesterday and they tried to fob me off. The owner wasn't there though and the other guys said they couldn't offer me anything without him OK-ing it. Think I may take it off, sell it on the bay and get myself a Jetex.