VF supercharger questions.

what are the differences between the varous VF engineering models V1, V2 & V9 i have heard mentioned??

I am looking to buy a second hand kit in the near future was hoping for around 280-290bhp which kit is best and what price should i be looking at??

My car has done 102k but my chains seem fine should i do them anyway or wait till they need done??

Is their anybody in scotland who does mapping???

i have just fitted uprated bushes vibratech front engine mount and a set of FK coilovers what other supporting mods will i need.

i appologise if it's been asked before but iv searched and looked at all the varoius threads i could find.

I know V1 and V2 make more boost at lower rpm and are a little bigger than the V9, but the V9 is by far the most common of the vortech based kits.

Ive got 260bhp from a stage one V9 based kit and full exhaust. For 280-290bhp you'll want a stage 2 which has uprated injectors and smaller pulley

you'd also what a thermostatically controlled oil cooler and low temp coolant thermostat to keep it all cool, possibly water injection aswel if you want it bomb proof

kits always pop up 2nd hand for £1300 ish, but I personably would spend the little extra and buy brand new, but many do buy 2nd hand without any probs as they are reliable

Its just nice opening that massive box of goodies from the USA all shiney and sealed in their own bags. Exchange rate is good at the moment so you'd get a good deal

you get stage 2 for free as it were at the moment because of the exchange rate ;) £2 to $1 Yay...

There are a couple of stickys talking about this and tuning etc.... look in the engine tuning section at the top.

Do the chains! Also becsue of the extra stress look at your water pump and alternator. the new belts put a lot more strain on them so they can fail/follow quite quickly!

You have to run the charger in so take a trip to Stealth to run it in and then enjoy the trip back via the fast road :D

Just do it soon you'll wonder why you waited

well just had a look about 2500 would get a stage 3 but prob go stage 2 first then upgrade as i save more money.

I feel the credit card taking a hit lol!!!!!

now to tell the bird even though iv just spent 1200 on bits in the last 2 weeks!!! wish me luck

links to the site where you lot are taliking about would be very helpful cos im getting all excited about charging mine!

also what about the dreaded insurance hike ....

'any mods sir......'

''errrrrm a stonking great big supercharger'

'right ill just push the the double it buton on my pc'

also like ciaran said, whats the deal with brakes etc will i have to go 312mm or is it ok to run 288 drilled and vented all round?

Speak to Raj @ http://www.nsracing.com/ VF engineerings sister company so theyll do the best price by far. Insurance is nothing to worry about, I pay £450ish a year with a charger and loads of mods. Brakes are fine as far as i can tell, when they need replacing ill get drilled jobs with uprated pads, mayber 312mm if they crop up at a good price just for looks, but standard size are fine for normal use

Well worth charging it, the initial 'wow ive just spent ALOT of cash on my car' will probably get you but once its fitted and mapped and you boot it for the 1st time, its so worth it! Most people see a golf and think GTI, not knowing its a charged VR6 and just look gutted when you blow their scooby to bits along the motorway.

Wot he said...... It cost me £25 extra for the charger on my Insurance (with points/pants postcode etc...)

Brakes on the 288 and fast road pads are fine. If you're mad as a fish then upgrade further. :)

The best thing in the world is getting the "WTF have you got in there mate" look.. LOL

I know I have said this before but have a read in the members tuning sections and read the guides and discussions on the various options etc, as there are a couple of things to think about!

Then buy it and fit it for the weekend :)

Traction is no problem really, no more than a standard VR, 1st gear is gone so fast that you change earlier anyway and then your flying

3rd gear is the one though!!!! 1st time once mapped you'll floor it and wonder when it'll stop accelerating

DO IT! haha