R32 or hand my car over to Stealth

In a perfect world i would have to have my old vr6 engine in my 4 motion as the sound was something else a lot more raw than the 4 motion 24 valver' date=' but you cant have everything you want and i think putting an old 12 valve v6 lump in a 4 motion would be too much of a step back.The original 12 valve v6 is still the best sounding engine i have ever heard,but times move on

[/quote']

wells said mate but dont get me wrong still love the mk3 its just the ages thing for me now..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How you doing Ben. :) Do you have to give the VR up?' date=' you could always store her and bring her out when you get the urge. Then you have best of both worlds and have the car of your choice as a daily runner. Insurance i am guessing would be the problem but i bet there are curtain restrictions you could apply to keep the VR's premium down.

Just a idea.

Sean (B)

[/quote']

Hello mate - been toying with the idea of keeping her but cant really justify having two cars and would rather see her go to a good home :)

I have also heard that the R32 is a little dissapointing to drive.

It's fast but it's just not as much "Fun" as the VR

Go and test drive one and see what you think.

But then imagine that power AND more in your VR shell ;-)

I know what I would rather have !

Mark.

Had a drive in a Mk4 R32 and thought it was really good :) It was not as engaging to drive as the VR and not as pointy in the turns but I think its because you dont have to work so hard with it. I have heard that the Mk5 is a bit less fun :-(

Well that was a fun and very informative weekend !!! Went and picked a lovely silver 4 motion up from a dealership and drove up to Norwich to meet my mate and his R32 then we both drove very carefully and never once exceeding the speed limit ;) up to North Norfolk !! I was very impressed with the 4mo felt really agile and lots of power if not quite as urgent as my VR but more control as you would expect from a much newer car. Then we swapped cars and drove back - and again I know all the arguments about so much extra cash for only a little extra horsepower but WOW the R32 is one hell of car. On the straight bits although you can accelerate quicker you dont pull away from the 4mo that much but on the twisty turny stuff the R32 is miles better imo :) I really like both and the 4mo is a bit more discreet whereas the R is all shouty and brash - probably why I like it ;) My mate was also very impressed with the 4mo and for the money agreed that it was a top motor but ( Top Gear style stood in a laybay with a cup of tea on the way home !!! ) we both agreed we would have the R32 !!! So better start having a serious look :-p

No worries matey' date=' i know i wouldn't be hangin' about waiting for someone else whilst there is an R32 sitting there gagging for it!! ;)

[/quote']

Trust me mate when I get one you will be first in the queue to have a blast in it :)

Me gets second in line :-)

Mark.