Realy need some help removing the ABS on my car for a smoothed engine bay and the fact I dislike the long stopping disstance (gets me into troble more than helping me )

Does any know if I compleaty removing the the ABS including the pump and sensers will it affect the way the engine runs as it uses the same ECU as the engine ?

And would it be possible to just replumb the master cyclinder thats already in the car. The one that used to work with the ABS. Or would I need the master cyclinder from a golf fitted without ABS ?

Thanks for any advise given :)

IIRC, For an MOT you will only fail for something that is fitted and doesn't work. They do not have a list of equipment to expect for each car type, otherwise people with smoothed tailgates would fail on rear wash / wipe. Seat belts are the only exception I can think off ;-) Oh, and I guess lights and indicators, but not fogs.

You'll fail for having a bald spare tyre, but not for not having one at all.

You will need to replace the piece of dash trim with the ABS light for one without, which probably means losing your airbag indicator as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The ECUs are seperate mate. You will need a 4 outlet master cylinder with a decent bore size circa 23mm or larger.

Thanks for all the help, Hi Lizard Racing what car could I get a 4 outlet master cylinder sutable for my vr servo and could you explane what circa means? And is there anyway of keeping the ABS and adding a switch somwhere? Cheers Tom