Fuel Saving device for our Vr's?

Seen this on ebay, now I know there are plenty of these devices out there, but has anyone ever tried these so called new "far-infrared" thingy's?

Link for ebay here...... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fuel-Saver-X-Trail-Passat-Bora-VR6-A4-A6-BMW-VW-Jaguar_W0QQitemZ150182620107QQihZ005QQcategoryZ122139QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lol how's it going to emit a far infrared field without a power source? There is a tiny bit of technical merit in magnetic versions of these things which have been proven to work in preventing limescale build up within hard water areas for domestic water and heating and might actually clean up a fuel path when used on a car - similar to detergents in that it will help improve mpg on a dirty engine until it gets clean.

But that advert says magnetic solutions don't work and instead choose something that normally requires a great deal of power to generate and cooling to deal with... what you have there is a perpetual power source in an easy fit tube.

I'm *cough* sceptical. ;)

You dont alway need to power infra red. it is radiation. Think of think about submarines that stay out for months not needing any fuel.

Well, no fuel apart from the moderately sized lump of uranium sitting in the fission reactor. ;)

I'm pretty sure anything able to store enough energy to give off far infrared radiation without a power source wouldn't either be safe or legal. Far infrared is normally associated with lasers (lots of power and cooling required) or with travelling radiation from stars (petty big bangs required) it doesn't really capture and sit in a substance very well unlike for instance a magnetic source.

However, you can always suck it and see, stranger things have happened.

PS Don't suck it... just in case it is radioactive and from the former USSR. +o(

Edited for spilling