Help wire identification needed

Hey Peeps as most of you know were in the midst of a VR6 transplant into my Mk2.

Engine is now in and almost all the wiring is done but can anyone identify the wires / connectors in the below pic?

We cannot work out if we need them or not - We think they are something to do with the brake sensors or ABS and if this is so we can chop them off :-p

DSC01211.jpg

Tracing the wires back isnt as easy as its sounds as we have nothing to trace the wires back to they come from the mail ECU wiring and thats all we have to go on. Basically the whole wiring loom came in a big sack we've worked out all the others wires bar these two connectors and there is nothing on the engine for these to connect to

Wires are Lime and and brown on one and lime and lime on the other

Is Lime a Posh Green colour????

Also is it just the way the picture has been taken or has one connector only cot one wire connected to it???? ( AH just read above)

What happened to the refernce VR6 that was on in the main thread????

I don't know that one I am afraid...

• 3 weeks later...

not gonna have an argie-bargie with anyone about this but iv'e seen enough mk3 abs sensors to know that there is no other two pin plug with an offset securing clip anywhere on the car nevermind in the engine bay p.s. don't want to sound like a clever twat just want to help!

well said dmark i also have done enough conversions to know what im talking about so what is it then if we are wrong.as it occured to you that perhaps vdubgirl just made a little mistake as she has wires everywhere and is not positive what they are for.i know for a fact that them wires go to the brakes whether it is abs sensors or pad warning lights but im 99% positive it is abs and im 150% positive she doesnt need them in the conversion she is doing.

lol no worries mate i dont see why people have to interfere when they obviously aint trying to help they are just trying to be obnoxious and aggravate people personally i think they should wind there neck in and only add there 2 pennies worth when they have something helpful to say.