The 'I didn't know it had that' thread

Do you know all the little extras that you have?

Here's my two;

Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) - basic traction control system that works up to 40km/h using the ABS to attempt to reduce wheelspin.

Adaptable intermittent wiper delay - to set the delay, turn on the intermittent wipers and turn them off. Turn them back on again after a suitable period of time. Intervals of 1 to 22 seconds can be set.

Is that on all VR6's? Or just ODB2? If it's on all of them' date=' mine doesn't work! :([/quote']

All of them, AFAIK. It's not terribly effective, as mentioned above, but you can sometimes hear it working when you pull off on a greasy surface.

Adaptable intermittent wiper delay - to set the delay' date=' turn on the intermittent wipers and turn them off. Turn them back on again after a suitable period of time. Intervals of 1 to 22 seconds can be set.

[/quote']

Didn't know about this but must have set them to a long delay by mistake as they take ages - so thanks very much mate :)

Didn't know about this but must have set them to a long delay by mistake as they take ages - so thanks very much mate :)

Odd. They reset themselves to 6 seconds as soon as the ignition is turned off. :)

Oh well must be just me then !! probably only is 6 seconds just feels like longer - too impatient even wih my wipers ;)

hehe i wondered why my intermittant wipers sometimes were slow and sometimes fast, much better when u know how they work:D

keep em cmonming guys, some of us never had the owners manual and have no idea about these little extras:)

...if i hadnt owned a couple of mk2s i prolly still wouldnt know how to turn off the rear wiper;)

Is that on all VR6's? Or just ODB2? If it's on all of them' date=' mine doesn't work! :(

Here's my two;

Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) - basic traction control system that works up to 40km/h using the ABS to attempt to reduce wheelspin.

my old p reg 1.4 cl had the delay wipers

With the rear wiper,........ if the first time you use it2 you keep it pushed away for over 2 seconds ie use the washer then it will wipe a couple of times then park and not intermitant wipe so you dont have to keep pressing it to stop it.

Try it you might like it !!