Rotex R32, VR6

Could I rotex supercharge my VR6 and then swap it for a R32, Keeping the Rotex, brackets, charge cooler standalone ect,

Or would I be wasting my money, If i want a charged mk3 would it be best to wait till i can put the R32 in there and then work with that.

Will everythink swap over from my VR6 to R32, not including internal mods!

Thanks bods

You can pay between £800 - £1500 for an engine. You will need an Alfa throttle setup and a front engine mount. Apart from that its fairly easy' date=' especially if you go standalone.

[/quote']

really? suprising there isnt mire r32'd dubs outv there..would love one in a mk3

Yeah from all accounts. Will most likely attempt the swap myself in the new year. Providing I get all the bits together Andy at Storm reckons it will only take a weekend. I think you have to be fairly mechanically capable though. Using standalone management does away with the lambda and drive-by-wire issues.

You'll be needing a spacer on the R32 as 11:1 Compression is too high for forced induction, but if the 12V bottom end is anything to go by, then yes, the R32 should be good for 500hp.....with ARP head and rod bolts obviously.

I've read lots of cases of turboed R32s failing in catastrophic ways, mainly EIP fitted and supplied conversions, so let's hope the Rotrex is more reliable. Storm's has been going a while now, so it would seem that way.

The ultimate forced induction R32 engine, in my opinion, comes from these guys :- http://www.hgp-turbo.de/vw/r32.html

Everything is OE or better quality. Very expensive, but very worth every penny!

^^^^^^^^^ expensive, but bomb proof and for the money near enough unbeatable! Worth saving for!

I wouldnt ever go near EIP, I stumbled across a site set up to bitch about them coz they are so bad!

http://eipsucks.com/

Some of the stories were unbelievable! Imcompetant staff, crap/bodged work, shady billing, things sold as new when they where 2nd hand and from not just a few customers either.

That got people talking lol, Didn't exspect so much reply

Should do. Of course you'll need a new mounting bracket and new belt' date=' but there are always ways and means of making things fit!

You say you've got a charge cooler? Which one?

Personally I'd get the engine first. Saves having to piss about making things fit twice.

[/quote']

Thats what I was hoping lol. Haven't got a charge cooler yet but will be going for the schimmel."kevhaywire" uses one I think he seems to be happy with it so thats good enuff for me.

Haven't realy got the money to put a R32 in aswell as a rotex, ill never get it back on the road lol, Plan was build the VR up run it on standalone,rotecx, charge cooler ect,

Then when I get a R32 I should be able to get decent money for the VR, Or put it in the back of a mk1 :)

Anyway if I wait alittle longer it looks like "lizard racing" will be able to tell me what I need to do and if its possible lol

"Lizard Racing

You can pay between £800 - £1500 for an engine. You will need an Alfa throttle setup and a front engine mount. Apart from that its fairly easy, especially if you go standalone. "

Thats abit of a shock, Alfa throttle and engine mount? As in Alfa romao?,

I know there cheep atm, Just buy one before everyones after them for projects, I can see them getting more pricey

Kev, Your right, Like the look of the twin turbos but I dont think they fit in a Mk3 or rado, You only have room for them in a Mk4??

as said before, the rotrex will easily bolt onto the r32, but the bracket/belt will be no good from the 12v. theres a company in holland called R-TECH that do the brackets/belts at a very good price, its about £320 for evrything.

i'm doing my rotrex conversion in the new year, c30-94 with approx 18psi (6) when/if my 12v goes pop?? i have an R32 lump waiting in my garage to go in.