Lowering issue? One side lower than the other.

Fitted my lowering kit myself earlier this week, my friend pointed out today that the right is lower than the left? Only had the front's done, any reason why? On the left there is one finger size gap, on the right there are no gaps, your finger will not go between the tyre and arch.......

Pics below, pics are not that clear but you can see what I am on about, the car is parked on a slight incline her but it is the same with parked on straight surface, also tracking has not been done yet but would that make a diffrence?

1195743112_5799_FT207127_image_063_.jpg

1195743140_5799_FT207127_image_064_.jpg

Sorry to teach you to suck eggs.....Not my intention :)

Sometimes they need to settle but that should not be tooo noticable and tracking can alter the view but again not by that much..

Just check your measurements with the wheel off to a common point like Hub Centre and ensure you have the same measurements.

When you say springs aleady fitted to the shocks do you mean they are an all in one deal or seperates ? As all in one would make them coilovers in which case sorted.... Just adjust them.... :)

I didn't think you can get 60mm springs for the Koni sport kit ' date='I think they only come at 25-30mm due to the weight of the engine,unless the previous owner used springs that are not meant for the VR or you have a GTI kit .

[/quote']

Not sure abouth the springs, according to the previous owner they were off a vr6?? Ebay link... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290179813399&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123#ebayphotohosting

check the seating of the spring ,are they located properly on the plates ? if someone is stupid enough to fit non rated springs for the vr it is not unusual for them to Mess up the seating (location) of the springs as well .

The weight distrubution of the gti and vr engine are different and they wear differently.

Since the shocks were not operating at the correct height due to the lower springs,I'd take the springs off to check the condition of the shocks before fitment.