heater blows hot then reduces to cold

righty ho, the problem is as ive said above, ive done the following so far.

replaced thermostat, flushed and back flushed radiator till it ran clear, flushed and backflushed heater matrix.

ive also replaced the heater resistor, under the dash.

im guessing because it blows hot at first , its not the resistor...

i have also just noticed while waiting for the car to get upto temp, that the botttom pipe off the rad stays cold to the hand , whilst the top is el scorchio... even after the fan kicks in which it does as it should , the bottom hose stays cold to the hand, the pipes in and out ofthe the heater matrix , are also hot , and everything seems to recirc as it should...

so im guessing the bottom hose is the potential problem/cure , but im now no clearer to solving my problem as why the heater blows hot then goes cold.

HELP, as i dont want another winter with no heater.

no way ive got the same prob?? i leave the car ticking over for like a couple of mins then the heater goes cold?? dont understand it? i have replaced the thermostat, think it was the right way rnd?? the only thing ive got missing on my car is the electric aux waterpump.. would that make any difference?? its doing my head in coz its freezin.. when driving the car hardly gets to 70 degrees???

i think the electirc water pump is a MUST have item on the vr6 it stops the bolck cracking when the engine is turned off ' date=' get it fitted back on !

[/quote']

i have fitted one and it doesnt work.. something wrong wit the wiring?? there is no power to it?

so i took it bk of again,,

no my electy pump works, and besides it would bear no resemblance to the heater.. im thinking now its something to do with the flaps behind the box

has any got a diagram of the heater setup including the behind the dash part.

Nor me mate lol. Mine used to get upto temp after seconds, compared with my 1.4 mk3, Most big engine cars do heat up quickly. Overheating alot easyer to diganos atleast your not doing any damage but it is realy confusing and problay killing your fuel.

Only thing i can think of is blocked heater matrixs and duff temp sender.

If you pop the bonnit do the hoses feel as hot as they should be????

righty ho' date=' the problem is as ive said above, ive done the following so far.

replaced thermostat, flushed and back flushed radiator till it ran clear, flushed and backflushed heater matrix.

ive also replaced the heater resistor, under the dash.

im guessing because it blows hot at first , its not the resistor...

i have also just noticed while waiting for the car to get upto temp, that the botttom pipe off the rad stays cold to the hand , whilst the top is el scorchio... even after the fan kicks in which it does as it should , the bottom hose stays cold to the hand, the pipes in and out ofthe the heater matrix , are also hot , and everything seems to recirc as it should...

so im guessing the bottom hose is the potential problem/cure , but im now no clearer to solving my problem as why the heater blows hot then goes cold.

HELP, as i dont want another winter with no heater.

[/quote']

One of the hoses coming out of the rad should be cooler as its been cooled by the rad.

Do any of the heater controls feel like theres no resistence anymore. Could be a broken cable or somthink like that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...