ebay ecu chips as seen in Golf+ projects ?

so i was reading the new Golf+ last nite,

and one of the guys has a VR6 rardo and he has bought one of the ebay chips

the ones that goes in the ECU not the crappy resistor ones and he has said that it is pulling better has better throttle response

and does on average 30mpg from 23mpg ?

so has any one got one fitted or tryed it ?

im seirously thinking about gettin one there only £40 ish

I have a superchip on my car - dont know who did it off had (think it was superchips) but my VR is doing 26mpg around town and 34mpg on a run - couldn't believe it - the car was RR tested at 194bhp with no exhaust or anything beside a k&n panel filter and a superchip.

Now my last 2 VR's had full systems, wider throttle bodies, full inductions no cat kiera nelson leads etc etc and the one made 186bhp and the other 191bhp and both only did 24mpg and 29 on a run.

So after all this time saying a chip on a VR would be pointless i was wrong lol - she is faster and more efficiant. I'll have mine running 205-210bhp very soon :-)

4 words.

Dont waste your money.

get a proper map' date=' and have done with it.

[/quote']

I do have disagree with you there Pete. Some people don't want to / cant justify spending 1/4 of the cost of the car just getting it remapped..

At the rolling road in October my 1992, Dizzy, OBD1 Decat, K&N, Ebay chipped was showing 201 (at fly), and was in fact third best from the ten runners, all N/A mostly OBD2. So, I do recommend them for OBD1 drivers as a cheap 'fix' to achieve OBD2 type power levels.

Obviously results will vary car by car, but 201 can all be from Bex being as slack as a whore's wizard sleeve.

TG

Well I got one of the power chips guy on ebay, still in the packaging, problem is that the later OBD1's (1995) have the original chip soldered onto the ecu mainbaord, which means I have to get someone to desolder the old chip and fit the new chip on.....anyone know who could help?