Opinions on the MK5 Golf Gti??

Had a mooch around and its 0.2 seconds faster 0-60' date=' Does it in 6.9 with the VR ment to be 7.1

Way better round the bend tho due to that fancy rear axal

[/quote']

What is so special about the rear axal? Handling is sooooo good. I also beleive the steering response can be adjusted and has 6 settings?

iv had a blast against my brother be for the remap he got away first and had a small leed on me but up around the 100 mark i started reeling him in (private road oh course ;) )

Best of luck with the mk5 mate! blacks the best!!

Does the VR have more torque then?

must do? they where his words not mine plus my vr has full stainles zoust and other things where his 5 was standerd.

i also think the 5 weighs the sam if not more then the vr for example the doors weigh a ton!

What is so special about the rear axal? Handling is sooooo good. I also beleive the steering response can be adjusted and has 6 settings?

Looks like you need to start playing with some of the buttons then lol,

The rear axal is indpendant instead of a soild rear beem like the mk3. I think they copyed it off the old Civic typeR and the new Civic uses a solid axal like the mk3 making worse round corners than the old one, Abit weird realy.

I think that 0-60 time was for the one with the flapy gearchange.

Hows the ride comfort? My unkle says is horrible but his got run flat tyres on his which makes it very ruff

Looks like you need to start playing with some of the buttons then lol' date='

The rear axal is indpendant instead of a soild rear beem like the mk3. I think they copyed it off the old Civic typeR and the new Civic uses a solid axal like the mk3 making worse round corners than the old one, Abit weird realy.

I think that 0-60 time was for the one with the flapy gearchange.

Hows the ride comfort? My unkle says is horrible but his got run flat tyres on his which makes it very ruff

[/quote']

Ride comfort is quite surprising considering it is rolling on 17's. Very solid feel over bumps and stuff, not stiff imo. I have standard tyre though. Drove to the shops earlier and I am convinced that my vr has more poke on 2nd gear :0, the vr is chipped and has a few other performance extra's.