ok this isn't a dub but this is madness - takes polishing to a whole new level...

yeah the one about the coat is laugh out loud funny but only works once you've read the serious thread. Detailer or not, that is still a bit crazy I reckon - I mean we all like cars but I would say 90% of people on this site just love driving them first and foremost and with that type of car you'd be scared to!

Totaly mad, Ive never hurd of all these difference type of waxes ect

Whats that clay stuff? and HD stuff.

I dont understand why they do it tbf, as soon as you get it dirty again is it back to square one and you gota start again to get that result. Havent you wasted you time 5 minutes down the road???

LMAO, i laughed so hard i actually cried. First one is deffo worth the read just to get the full effect of the 2nd!

£7k for wax is pretty extreme but it is free re-fills for life so if you were a detailer by trade then surely this would be a sound investment.

And yer detailing a brand new car to that extent is VERY anal!

They basically remove contaminents from the surface of the paint, the clay is like blu-tac and is well worth doing every 6 months or so, makes cleaning your car easier and things like bird crap wont weld on so easily as there is less for it to cling to

wash it, clay it, wash again, wax it

Totaly mad' date=' Ive never hurd of all these difference type of waxes ect

I dont understand why they do it tbf, as soon as you get it dirty again is it back to square one and you gota start again to get that result. Havent you wasted you time 5 minutes down the road???

[/quote']

You would be astonished to see the difference regular claying makes to to paintwork on your car... honestly, try it. And the only reason cars rust is because people don't take care of them by waxing/sealing etc. The point of wax is to stop contaminants from bonding to the paintwork, which makes it easier to clean. The wax also creates a protective layer over the paintwork which means it's less likely to be scratched when washing (but a good wash technique is required). A lot of folk take their cars to shows and most would be "detailed" to some extent. My car is a '96 VR in Mystic Blue. I don't regularly detail it, but machine polish it about once a year, and wax it monthly. People are always commenting "have you had a respray" even though it's never been touched....