Looking for a Charger

Hi guys,

I'm really tempted to buy a R32 Conversion from steve and in total it would cost me £2k

But just seen a Supercharger Kit sell for £1300 - So just wondered does anyone know of anymore for sale.

Need to know asap as I have cash waiting but not sure which one to choose!!

But you got to look at the other side of the coin, why are there so few R32 Mk3's around? There has to be a reason, price, difficulty, time? Not putting you off, I would love to be taken for a ride in a R32 Mk3, let alone own one but if it was me, it would be charger all the way, plus when/if you come to sell it, it will be easier with a charger compared to a new, bigger lump. You can also just take the charger off, sell that seperatly and the rest of the car as a standard car, which someone is more likely to buy and you dont loose as much money.

Horses for courses to be honest, depends what your long term wants are and also how much money and time you have to play with it.

The way I look at it is, If the R32 can be installed into a mk2 shell, i cant see it being any more difficult than that. the cost, i imagine is a bigger problem...

If Steve is only after 2k for the whole car, its a steal. I've seen just the R32 running gear go for more than that alone on ebay.

Looked into doing a R32 conversion a while ago, but the cost was an issue at the time.

The car is virtually ready apart from being mapped, and im sure you would get more than 2.5k for it if you sold it.

Pete

I cant understand why it is so cheap?

Does it go straight in' date=' it looks a really tight fit, as in fag paper tight... what about weight issues?

I was looking into it myself until recently but decided against it for various reasons

[/quote']

r32 lump is lighter

I must admit that is a big suprise to me too, but then again you've got to look at technology advancements too since the 2.8 vr's were produced and the metals used, that mk2 is tighter than tight, how would you work on it? Plug change sir? Yes that is an engine out job...

Realy ligher? That a surprice

Put the R32 in.. That will be 280 bhp on its own' date=' More than your going to get with the Charger stage 2, Then in a few years charger the R32

Thats what id do...

[/quote']

r32 is 240-250 bhp mate do you mean the r36?

buy my car iv got to sell it its 320 bhp and just had a full respray all bodywork is now totally mint

I must admit that is a big suprise to me too' date=' but then again you've got to look at technology advancements too since the 2.8 vr's were produced and the metals used, that mk2 is tighter than tight, how would you work on it? Plug change sir? Yes that is an engine out job...

[/quote']

Not at all, just whip the front bumper off, its generally alot easier doing it that way anyway, as the engine bay is alot more accessable.