Rotrex Vs Vortech

As said the rotrex is the best and you can still run it off different size pullys for different PSI depending how built your engine is but i think the lowest psi is 10psi... Which is still going to give you around the 300bhp mark.

As far as i know after 350bhp you have to go standalong ECU and after standalone it seems that well over 500bhp can be abtained

Due to the way it works it drains less power from the engine than a V9.. And can produce as much at 20psi with a 70mm pully.. where as the V9 i think only does 12psi on there highest tune..

Im yet to own one but it seems to be the best out of the V9 and turbo options. Got the feeling that there more reliable than turbos as a unit and that they may be more progresive on the power so nicer to your gearbox as well.

Only thing i would say is that V9 V1 ect look every nice in the engine bay as do nicey installed turbos. Hard to belive but the picture below is a turbo.

333B3B2863232327Ffp643Dot3E2323C3D3.jpg

turbovr3.jpg

turbovr7.jpg

turbovr5.jpg

Smoothmk3enginebay.jpg

Another thing which is good about the rotrex and V9 over a turbo is that you can bolt it onto a R32 if ever you deside you want to change the engine. Which can't be done with a turbo as far as i know

V9 is cheeper to get running and you can run a standard engine on 6-8psi

V9 is a cheeper charger by about £500

So yeah rotrex seems to be the best by far. I think Alex on hear is the only one running one in the UK atm and i still looking to find some pics of it in the engine bay... When ive got the money and old enuff for cheep insurance rotrex is the way im going to go

If you're after power then as said Rotex is the way forwards. BUt remember it costs more and you will need to get internals etc done for the power. If you want jsut a little more then V9 works very well and there are a lot of people with them.

What are you trying to achieve????

that is the question

An oil cooler will be needed.

Running rotrex at lowest boost.. 10psi you will idealy want a lower comprestion head spacer and ARP head and rod bolts. Any more boost and you probaly want uprated rods and forsed pistons ect

V9 and V1 V2 ect are good for 300bhp if thats what your after theres no point in the rotrex.. If you want any more bhp then youd have to go rotrex

I say go rotrex and make a intresting tread on fitting it.. with lots of pics :-d

Thats gonna be a SLEEPER!! If you go rotrex you will get away with an oil cooler possibly as they tend to run alot cooler that Vortech units, possibly down to rotrex having a self container oil/cooling system and not being cooled by the engine oil

IIRC the oil used though in a Rotex is traction oil and is very pricey, but doesnt need changing very often

Swings and roundabouts all round really hahaha

im not sure about rotrex but the v9 dont go up to 12psi they spin up to 20psi the bearings in the v9 only take stage 3 12psi but vf upgrade the the bearings to take it right up to 20psi ive had this done and the power is scary no one has actually used the v9 to its full potential as im doing at the moment it suprises alot of people but ive also heared very good things about rotrex aswell i just prefer the look of the vortechs to the rotrex

The Vortechs are unfortunately not much competition anymore. There are far better forced induction options around now. It will depend on how much you want to spend at the end of the day. Rotrex and 6psi will give 260+hp easily. You will not need a great deal more than some ARP fasteners and Charger setup. Reliability will never be a problem so long as you look after it and dont keep messing with it!

I have seen 24-25 pounds of boost without the charger even breaking a sweat. For such a tiny piece of hardware they really are incredible. When all is running well I would expect to see 450hp easily.

Just to add that you dont need standalone, however most of the modern stuff give the options for 2 or 3 maps that can be switched at any instant. This for me will be a God send having an economy map for everyday use, a fast road map and a mental all out power map. Budget another grand though plus all the hardware your going to need to make it all reliable and useable.

No peak figures as rollers only went to 370. Those figures have yet to be duplicated too, need to remove them really! Everytime it goes on the rollers there is something a miss first it was me fitting the inlet cam a tooth out then the idler broke up etc, blah, blah hopefully this year I can get some peak figures, its plenty capable but the smallest thing wrong and it looses 100+hp.

An oil cooler will be needed.

Running rotrex at lowest boost.. 10psi you will idealy want a lower comprestion head spacer and ARP head and rod bolts. Any more boost and you probaly want uprated rods and forsed pistons ect

V9 and V1 V2 ect are good for 300bhp if thats what your after theres no point in the rotrex.. If you want any more bhp then youd have to go rotrex

I say go rotrex and make a intresting tread on fitting it.. with lots of pics :-d

im running a v9 at 12 psi its making 320 bhp and 275 lb ft iv got no ic only water injection and the engines totally stock standerd compression everything the only problem is belt slip it needs a fair bit of tension to stop it

Just to add that you dont need standalone' date=' however most of the modern stuff give the options for 2 or 3 maps that can be switched at any instant. This for me will be a God send having an economy map for everyday use, a fast road map and a mental all out power map. Budget another grand though plus all the hardware your going to need to make it all reliable and useable.[/quote']

I can see the worth of 3 maps if you are setting different boost pressures, but is that possible with a crank driven turbo? I suppose you could do it with an electric recirc valve such as some TDI engines have.

The biggest bonus of multiple maps for me is automatic switching between E85 Methanol and petrol using a GM 12570260 ethanol sensor. E85 is definitely the way forward for forced induction.